For many years on Follow Follow this has been the subject of great debate between posters.

This morning I decided to go along to the Mitchell Library in Glasgow to see if they could shed some light on this fascinating saga.

Late this afternoon I got the call that they had managed to enlarge this photograph of the Main Stand and zoom in on the all important plaque.

zwt3WXM.jpg

As you can see, it's too far away to prove conclusive one way or the other.

However, the blown up shots below clearly show the word "Ready" between the dates 1873 and 1928

The significance of the year 1928 can be seen here:

ePyj2ff.jpg

OQZkxlq.jpg

So, for the princely sum of £4.00 paid to Nerys in the Archives Dept at the Mitchell I believe this ends all doubt and proves conclusively that it never at any time said "Aye Ready"

Thank you.

* Awaits avatar *

from follow follow here http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?t=951507&highlight=crest

What these pictures prove is that at the dates they were taken and as far back as 1928 there was a plaque on the wall of the stand that said "READY".

They don't prove that the official motto wasn't "aye ready" any more than the crest on Bill Struth or Jim Forrest's blazer.