No one will ever convince me we wouldn't have still achieved Allys only goal of promotion with a budget half of what we have spent. Even that would be luxuriously extravagant for the level we find ourselves.

I assume you could easily whip up a list of smashing young kids and veterans who were all willing and ready to come to our fourth tier club and play for a few hundred quid a week? Or at least to fill the ranks of half a dozen senior players and 20odd kids? All able to provide us with certain wins and promotion that those we eventually got did not exactly provide? I'm sure you will ...

BTW, you're reply above does have some hallmarks of an Ally bashing.

I assume you could easily whip up a list of smashing young kids and veterans who were all willing and ready to come to our fourth tier club and play for a few hundred quid a week? Or at least to fill the ranks of half a dozen senior players and 20odd kids? All able to provide us with certain wins and promotion that those we eventually got did not exactly provide? I'm sure you will ...

BTW, you're reply above does have some hallmarks of an Ally bashing.

If i spent most of my life within the game with thousands of contacts across the game and country, yeah, most likely very easily actually. I do know for a fact several players approached the club about joining and were either ignored or knocked back in their quest to play for us. And the players don't need to be smashing, look what ours are doing and they are anything but smashing!

We both know even half of Allys budget would still mean players in their thousands per week, not the hundreds.

You make it sound like we were playing in the Bundesliga. :laugh:

BTW, it has nothing to do with Ally McCoist and EVERYTHING to do with those who allowed his budget.

No, not BL. But I saw what sort of performance our youngsters and assorted veterans delivered since January 2013. I doubt that you would a) have found that many low-paid players willing to come to us, b) being accepted as "Rangers class" by the legions, and c) able to do much if any better. Hindsight is a wonderfull thing, but it also works both ways. Had we thrown in a squad of SFL 1 and 2 players, Ally would have been murdered on any board that there is. I vividly remember many people (not here though) giving no-one bar Wallace and Templeton the pass marks when it came to signings made and being of Rangers class.

No, not BL. But I saw what sort of performance our youngsters and assorted veterans delivered since January 2013. I doubt that you would a) have found that many low-paid players willing to come to us, b) being accepted as "Rangers class" by the legions, and c) able to do much if any better. Hindsight is a wonderfull thing, but it also works both ways. Had we thrown in a squad of SFL 1 and 2 players, Ally would have been murdered on any board that there is. I vividly remember many people (not here though) giving no-one bar Wallace and Templeton the pass marks when it came to signings made and being of Rangers class.

Why do we have to sign players from the Scottish leagues? It's a big world out there and it seems silly to restrict ourselves to a pool of players in a nation known for being very poor at the sport.

As for being accepted as 'Rangers class by the legions'...I guess this boils down to the old chestnut of our home support being notoriously hard to please. I always find this quite odd though because I don't know many other clubs that would get the attendances that we do with such dire football. If Sam Allardyce plays 19th century football, I think our football would be before Christ....In fact I think it is pushing things to suggest that we do make any attempt to play football.

The one thing Ally should get praise for is by winning a division with a team of players incapable of retaining possession for more than 2 passes at a time. Tongue firmly in cheek.