See I don't buy in to that at all. Sure the manager can take the blame for the shape of the team, but yesterday the players were in a quarter final and none of them showed any passion or signs of actually wanting the ball and trying to win.

I never understand the blame the players not the manager argument. Ally has been in charge for years. It's his signings, his picks, his tactics, his fault if players don't perform and his responsibility to get the team performing. Ally is accountable for everything that happens on the pitch and he is most certainly to blame when we fail to beat one of the worst teams in Europe at home.

I think I've heard just about every excuse out there to defend him. If he wasn't Ally he'd have been gone ages ago and we would not be playing prehistoric football anymore.

I never understand the blame the players not the manager argument. Ally has been in charge for years. It's his signings, his picks, his tactics, his fault if players don't perform and his responsibility to get the team performing. Ally is accountable for everything that happens on the pitch and he is most certainly to blame when we fail to beat one of the worst teams in Europe at home.

I think I've heard just about every excuse out there to defend him. If he wasn't Ally he'd have been gone ages ago and we would not be playing prehistoric football anymore.

While I agree with you it just seems the modern day footballer holds the cards and there isn't always a respect your boss attitude. Look at Van Persie, he was awesome last season for Ferguson and now he is throwing the toys out of the pram because he doesn't like training methods etc. But anyone on 120k a week should adapt to training methods.

Hard to say what players at Rangers aren't happy with Ally and his coaching but id say Templeton is one for sure.

While I agree with you it just seems the modern day footballer holds the cards and there isn't always a respect your boss attitude. Look at Van Persie, he was awesome last season for Ferguson and now he is throwing the toys out of the pram because he doesn't like training methods etc. But anyone on 120k a week should adapt to training methods.

Hard to say what players at Rangers aren't happy with Ally and his coaching but id say Templeton is one for sure.

McKay ain't happy either, he says he is happier going away with Scotland on training camps and has even chose to train with his mates at an amateur team away from Rangers at times too because what happens at Auchenhowie is so bad.

Rumours have been going around about how shite our training is for years. I mean what do we really expect from Ian Durrant? Not exactly the sharpest tool in the box, is he? Him and McDowall have been sitting/standing next to Ally for 3 years now watching the same shite we all do and have obviously offered next to no input to change anything. They are like a pair of dummies. Read somewhere else that an amateur coach was invited to Auchenhowie to pick up some tips and left bemused at how basic and mediocre it all is. The proof is certainly in the pudding none more so than in our attacking set pieces. We would be as well handing back possession to the opposing keeper we are that useless at them. Everything about our football team is Sunday league, it's just not good enough.

I remember reading about Darren Cole and Kyle Hutton laughing and joking about how easy training was at Rangers.

The Mr Nice Guy, everybody's pal style of management simply doesn't work. Highly paid footballer or not you respond to the basic emotional motivators in life and fear is one of them. How many of those players fear (even on a basic low level) going into the dressing room a goal down after a poor first half? None.

It's a bit like saying it's up to parents to bring up their children. You know, basic logic that goes without saying....

That's an unbelievably strange statement. We are all just a product of how our parents brought us up? Maybe you just haven't left home yet.

McKay ain't happy either, he says he is happier going away with Scotland on training camps and has even chose to train with his mates at an amateur team away from Rangers at times too because what happens at Auchenhowie is so bad.

Rumours have been going around about how shite our training is for years. I mean what do we really expect from Ian Durrant? Not exactly the sharpest tool in the box, is he? Him and McDowall have been sitting/standing next to Ally for 3 years now watching the same shite we all do and have obviously offered next to no input to change anything. They are like a pair of dummies. Read somewhere else that an amateur coach was invited to Auchenhowie to pick up some tips and left bemused at how basic and mediocre it all is. The proof is certainly in the pudding none more so than in our attacking set pieces. We would be as well handing back possession to the opposing keeper we are that useless at them. Everything about our football team is Sunday league, it's just not good enough.

I remember reading about Darren Cole and Kyle Hutton laughing and joking about how easy training was at Rangers.

The whole number 2 thing is one of the reasons I never wanted Ally in the first place. If everything he knew came from Walter then he was only going to be playing one way.

The whole number 2 thing is one of the reasons I never wanted Ally in the first place. If everything he knew came from Walter then he was only going to be playing one way.

It is, most of his professional career has been spent working with Walter. It's all he knows.

The Mr Nice Guy, everybody's pal style of management simply doesn't work. Highly paid footballer or not you respond to the basic emotional motivators in life and fear is one of them. How many of those players fear (even on a basic low level) going into the dressing room a goal down after a poor first half? None.

So you're saying you personally only work well when you fear your manager? You want and need a manager that rants and raves at you? You think bullying is the best way to improve performance at work?

I agree that you can't be like a friend all the time or too nicey, nicey, but I think you're being presumptuous about what happens in the changing room, and being a bit sweeping to what motivates people.