Unbeaten record isn't important when we have the Scottish Cup, in particular, to prepare for.

Of course we'd like to say we won SPFL1 unbeaten but I'd much rather say we won the Scottish Cup instead.

Agreed that the Scottish Cup should be the main priority now, but we shouldn't be taking the foot off the gas in the league just because it's wrapped up. There's another 24 points up for grabs and the opportunity to break through the 100 point barrier, which would be a nice wee achievement in itself.

I'd say we've effectively wrapped up the unbeaten in the league thing as it's now over. The rest of the games are a bunch of friendlies for us and if we want to see youngsters blooded and new tactics experimented with, we have to let go of a meaningless record.

For me, we can't just put youngsters in willy nilly while we have the two cups to win. We need to keep our best players playing together in the team as preparation for the cup games. As the SC final is at the end of the season, that possibly could reduce the chances of the Murray Park graduates.

Putting a few youngsters in doesn't mean a new starting XI. Ally could play 1 or 2 then bring 2 or 3 off the bench replacing those starting while keeping the majority of the team experienced. It just gives them first team experience ahead of next season rather than throwing them in the deep end in the Championship.