I for one see no reason why these people have to repeat their mantra time and again, even when it was agreed that King will speak to the board. King's previous role is far from good for Rangers as a whole, no matter that he solely targetted the high-ups (who have changed quite a bit from the days when millions went missing). And it is obviously not only the board to blame that King is only going to speak to them now. That pendulum swings both ways and AFAIK, Wallace and Somers have not been out touring the world and were not available for a call or a visit. Same goes for the institutional investors.

I'm all for change and progress and sensible transparency, but people should be reasonable about this.

I for one see no reason why these people have to repeat their mantra time and again, even when it was agreed that King will speak to the board. King's previous role is far from good for Rangers as a whole, no matter that he solely targetted the high-ups (who have changed quite a bit from the days when millions went missing). And it is obviously not only the board to blame that King is only going to speak to them now. That pendulum swings both ways and AFAIK, Wallace and Somers have not been out touring the world and were not available for a call or a visit. Same goes for the institutional investors.

I'm all for change and progress and sensible transparency, but people should be reasonable about this.

A long time ago, some fans were extremely worried about CW and the threat to our very existence. Lots of other fans weren't all that bothered, and some took the same line as you are taking here.

In another place and time, when Charles Green and Imrad Khan were openly running and raping the Club, some fans were extremely worried and again took the same line as you are taking here.

Now that there is a serious threat that Laxey are attempting to increase their stake in the Club by dubious means, and/or take ownership of Edmiston House or the car park, some are obviously concerned about asset stripping and lease back, which would probably kill the Club off, or, at the very least, cripple it forever.

In the absence of any Board member behaving like a responsible custodian for future generations, and instead making legal threats against certain fans, I can honestly share the concerns of the UOF, who I believe are being reasonable in the circumstances.

I can understand that you would like to persuade fans who are sitting on the fence to side with your agenda, but terms like ""repeat their mantra time and time again" and "King's previous role is far from good for Rangers" are certainly neither evidenced nor reasonable.

As you say "people should be reasonable about this."

Thing is, I don't want to draw any fan to my agenda, as I have none. Apart from calling for cool heads, which I was intimating above. I doubt anyone on here is pro-Easdale, not to mention Laxey or any other murky investor. Should we thus be pro-King? IMHO we should be pro-Rangers first and we have to be vigilant in all directions, no matter how genuine King does appear to us. I'm ready to give Wallace his remaining 40odd days, much like I welcome King's meet-up with investors of the club. There's still fire in the trenhces, but IMHO no need to throw new oil into it just now.

A long time ago, some fans were extremely worried about CW and the threat to our very existence. Lots of other fans weren't all that bothered, and some took the same line as you are taking here.

In another place and time, when Charles Green and Imrad Khan were openly running and raping the Club, some fans were extremely worried and again took the same line as you are taking here.

Now that there is a serious threat that Laxey are attempting to increase their stake in the Club by dubious means, and/or take ownership of Edmiston House or the car park, some are obviously concerned about asset stripping and lease back, which would probably kill the Club off, or, at the very least, cripple it forever.

In the absence of any Board member behaving like a responsible custodian for future generations, and instead making legal threats against certain fans, I can honestly share the concerns of the UOF, who I believe are being reasonable in the circumstances.

I can understand that you would like to persuade fans who are sitting on the fence to side with your agenda, but terms like ""repeat their mantra time and time again" and "King's previous role is far from good for Rangers" are certainly neither evidenced nor reasonable.

As you say "people should be reasonable about this."

There are certain fans, and I have no idea if our friend from Berlin is one, who will believe almost everything the club says and excuse almost anything the club does.

This is done in the name of loyalty. It is well-intentioned, but dangerous.

Fans should be critics too, and if they believe that there are weaknesses within the club and areas where improvements should be made, they should say so.

If we want to get better, settling for club-excused mediocrity is not the way to proceed.

Rangers is in crisis, and has been for a few years now, but you'd be forgiven sometimes for thinking that a return to normal service is inevitable.

It's not, and the sooner we realise that the sooner we'll do something about it.