Should Rangers get the plaudits for their League One success?

Guest DonegalBear

To not celebrate would be insulting to all the previous and future winners of the league. If we agreed with some it would also mean that we should not have celebrated quite a fair few of our top division wins as very often we were expected to win it. During 9iar we had far more resources than anyone, including Celtic, so that doesn't count? Does that mean Celtic's 9iar is far more worthy than ours?

I'm not exactly ecstatic but I'm pretty pleased it's done and dusted, and in record time.

Smaller clubs deserve our respect, it's wasn't their fault we were cast down the divisions. Similarly we shouldn't beat ourselves up about the opposition we encounter on our way back up the divisions, The opposition was put there and we must overcome it , if we failed to win promotion the assorted snakes, rhats and weasels would be rejoicing in our failure.

I'm enjoying the journey, ok the football is turgid at times but but so was the SPL at times too. When we finally reach our rightful position back at the pinnacle of Scottish football, we will have the greatest story ever told to tell our grandchildren. I for one will be proud of our fight in the face of overwhelming enemies that tried to destroy our club. Character building in the extreme but we will say with a truth even the Scum cannot deny that WATP.

To not celebrate would be insulting to all the previous and future winners of the league. If we agreed with some it would also mean that we should not have celebrated quite a fair few of our top division wins as very often we were expected to win it. During 9iar we had far more resources than anyone, including Celtic, so that doesn't count? Does that mean Celtic's 9iar is far more worthy than ours?

I'm not exactly ecstatic but I'm pretty pleased it's done and dusted, and in record time.

At least in the 9iar we were playing against professional footballers. There at least was a degree of fairness.

All I'm saying is we should not be getting 'plaudits' for achieving the bare minimum. We would be possibly worthy of plaudits if we won the Scottish Cup this season.

I find it all a bit embarrassing which i know is probably wrong. Where is the glory in beating teams who the whole world knows are nowhere near the same calibre as us. The gulf in finances and resources meant the team were never going to win. The gulf between us and the rest is just too big for our win to be an achievement.

It's job done, nothing more. Move on.

Edited by Super Cooper

Smaller clubs deserve our respect, it's wasn't their fault we were cast down the divisions. Similarly we shouldn't beat ourselves up about the opposition we encounter on our way back up the divisions, The opposition was put there and we must overcome it , if we failed to win promotion the assorted snakes, rhats and weasels would be rejoicing in our failure.

I'm enjoying the journey, ok the football is turgid at times but but so was the SPL at times too. When we finally reach our rightful position back at the pinnacle of Scottish football, we will have the greatest story ever told to tell our grandchildren. I for one will be proud of our fight in the face of overwhelming enemies that tried to destroy our club. Character building in the extreme but we will say with a truth even the Scum cannot deny that WATP.

The bit in bold is an excellant point that many gloss over now as if the standard of fare we were used to pre-2012 was like watching Barca or Bayern. The overall standard in Scotland since the bubble burst (with the refusal to sign the SKY deal and attempt SPL TV) almost a decade ago has been in freefall. Having been going to almost every game home, away and abroad for the last 25 years, the last decade has had far more painful afternoons of turgid fare than memorable ones. Trips to Paisley, Perth, Hamilton, Motherwell etc have all been pretty boring the last few years, which is something most of us seem to have forgotten as we play a lower standard of park-the-bus teams and our own quality is much reduced. Given our wage bill is about 20% of what it used to be it is no surprise.