Walter and Ally take over

IF this is true(Chick has been wrong before:) ) I think it is a major risk. I'd love to see Coisty as manager - one day. Walter had success the first time to a certain degree, but as has been said he also had money to spend. Major gamble

don�´t like the idea of McCoist cutting his managerial teeth at Ibrox.

I think he�´d be better as backroom staff similar to his Scotland role but going with him as manager is a high risk strategy.

Remember John Greig anyone ?

You are of course right about Souness but the circumstances are very, very different. McCoist would come in with presumably limited resources whereas Souness came in with plenty of resources and he only had to overtake a poor Celtic side - now, admittedly, Celtic are still a poor side, but they have better financial resources than we do.

I think we maybe do need something new - just not sure it is Ally - hope it is though as, if he was successful, I doubt he would ever leave Rangers !

I agree with you that it's different (and isn't it always different?) I was just citing a precedent.

Disagree about the Celtic thing though, they weren't the best but not bad either, however it's overshadowed by the fact Souness came when the SPL was pretty strong with Aberdeen and Dundee Utd ruling the roost and doing very well in Europe. When we won the league it was about a strong as you will ever see the SPL especially with the England teams banned and TV hadn't entered the equation yet.

We were fifth the season before too so there was a hell of a lot of squad building to do. Yes he had money but as we know that's no guarantee and if you see what he spent - it was pretty reasonable as he tended to sell loads of players for a profit in England, and our finances were pretty much in the black.

I'm not trying to hype him up but fair's fair.

IF this is true(Chick has been wrong before:) ) I think it is a major risk. I'd love to see Coisty as manager - one day. Walter had success the first time to a certain degree, but as has been said he also had money to spend. Major gamble

Walter was a very experienced number two to Jim McLean and Souness and it was reckoned he was the steadying hand on the training pitch that allowed Souness to be so successful at Ibrox while the mustachioed dictator was pretty good at attracting top class players and getting them up for a fight.

Reminds me of a joke from 20 years ago that no longer works.

Q: What's the difference between Graeme Souness and Saddam Hussain?

A: One's a mad mustachioed dictator and the other is the President of Iraq...

Then there was:

Q: What happened to a scud missile that flew over Ibrox?

A: Terry Hurlock brought it down...

:)

Guest The_Rock

Still waiting to hear a reliable word on this , watchin SSN just now , anyone see the junkie guy , homestly they must go about lookin for the biggest fuds then interview them :D

Still waiting to hear a reliable word on this , watchin SSN just now , anyone see the junkie guy , homestly they must go about lookin for the biggest fuds then interview them :D

Is that the one who looked like he'd been tango'd?

Saw him and rolled my eyes, lol.

Guest The_Rock
Is that the one who looked like he'd been tango'd?

Saw him and rolled my eyes, lol.

:thup: lol , makes you cringe when you see that , people in England must think were all junkie skinheaded bams :D

Le (Q)uen is dead long live the king.:D

Not really a great Watty fan but at least he can say Rangers.

It was always a cert Ally would appear somewhere again.

Watch your backs boys.