Walter and Ally take over

According to Chick young it is official. Ally will be groomed to take over.

Much as though I like Ally and Walter I have a bad feeling this is a step backwards for us - time will tell and I obviously hope to be proven wrong.

Guest Thenorthlondonblue
Doesn't exactly fill be with exitemnet but welcome back lads and best of luck :thup:

I agree 100%, not ideal, but time to get behind the club and get out of our current predicament. Need to ensure qualification for CL, and Scottish cup.

Posted the following in the next rangers manager thread so i'll just copy it into here -

Would love to see Ally back at Rangers in some capacity, although i'm not sure if he's ready to be 1st team manager/coach. Always saw him more in a PR capacity, something similar to what John Greig does.

Would much rather a manager who's been successful in his own right take charge than say Walter Smith overseeing things for 6 months before Ally/ Gough/Butcher/McCall etc took over on their own. Although these guys are Rangers legends, our club has moved on. The nine in a row years are gone and these guys should be forever remembered for their efforts in that marvellous achievement. Just don't feel any of them has the relevant experience to take on the Rangers job, especially at a time like this.

Malky

ps must be fate, was watching my Ally McCoist DVD boxset last night to cheer myself up a bit after the season we been having. Happy days!!

Souness had no experience and Ally has his certificates and limited experience with Scotland.

It is a risk but we've tried everything else - Advocaat (successful ex Dutch and PSV manager), McLiesh (successful up and coming SPL manager), Le Guen (successful young French manager considered the most promising in Europe)...

Maybe we have to try someone completely new...

I still hope that Walter keeps the reigns for Scotland.

Yes but when Souness took over he was able to bring in the likes of Butcher, Woods etc which no other team in Scotland could match at the time therefore giving us a massive adavantage. His record since then at the various clubs he's managed throughout Europe show that he's hardly a top class manager.

Malky

Souness had no experience and Ally has his certificates and limited experience with Scotland.

It is a risk but we've tried everything else - Advocaat (successful ex Dutch and PSV manager), McLiesh (successful up and coming SPL manager), Le Guen (successful young French manager considered the most promising in Europe)...

Maybe we have to try someone completely new...

I still hope that Walter keeps the reigns for Scotland.

You are of course right about Souness but the circumstances are very, very different. McCoist would come in with presumably limited resources whereas Souness came in with plenty of resources and he only had to overtake a poor Celtic side - now, admittedly, Celtic are still a poor side, but they have better financial resources than we do.

I think we maybe do need something new - just not sure it is Ally - hope it is though as, if he was successful, I doubt he would ever leave Rangers !