The Rangers Supporters Trust (RST) is deeply concerned by the comments attributed to the Arab Trust Chairman Stephen Hughes. Specifically that he feels Dundee United fans would not be safe at the upcoming Scottish Cup semi-final between the two sides. In making this statement, Mr Hughes does not provide any evidence to back up his wildly inaccurate claims.

Unfortunately, it would appear that the Arab Trust is actively trying to create additional tension between the clubs and fans ahead of the game. Furthermore, the Arab Trust does have a history of trying to antagonise the Rangers support, having called the club and the support 'huns' on numerous occasions on their official Twitter account.

We would like to point out that, in 2011, Rangers were awarded the SPL Family Champions Award at a time when the Dundee United Chairman was on the SPL board. There is also a great deal of irony in Mr Hughes' fanciful claims given that an Arab Trust board member is actively promoting a 'family only' bus travelling to the game.

This would appear to be yet another unprovoked attack trying to damage the fantastic reputation of the Rangers support.

Recent remarks regarding safety attributed to United chairman, Stephen Thomson are also of concern, and we would expect the Rangers board to be actively seeking clarification in this regard

That statement has a bit more bite to it, just wish the board would bite back a bit more. The board remained silent when Dundee and Thompson were frothing at the mouth about the venue and ticket allocation, which was correct as it's was for the SFA to put the Arabs back in their box. But when the orchestrated attacks from mhedia,Thompson and the Arabs Trust started to get personal ,the club should have responded back with some attacks of their own.

Swap us for Celtic in this row (not likely I know but humor me):

First of all, the media up here would be falling over themselves to make Dundee Utd look at best silly, at worst dangerously out of control and possibly even anti-Catholic/Irish.

Secondly, Peter Lawell, Lennon and the entire Celtic PR machine would be on the attack, citing "fantastic reputation" and baseless allegations" while quietly making moves to have Thompson up in front of the SFA facing a charge of Bringing the Game Into Disrepute.

Lastly, their fans groups would be organising bhoycotts of all things Dundonian including Jam, the A90, the colour Orange, and generally causing mayhem until they get their own way and Dundee United's ticket allocation is cut to 5000 and all ticket proceeds are paid to Celtic by way of compensation.

I expect you will be waiting for a long time then , as this was an attack on our club and fans and not a personal attack against the board I don't expect any action to be taken , it takes me right back to the SDM and Martin Bain days