“Yes, it surprises me, it disappoints me at times, but I am not just talking about myself,” said Lennon. “There should be more British managers being looked at for Premier League jobs. This is not me being xenophobic, but I am glad Tim Sherwood has got a crack at Spurs.

Oh Neil - you are going to let some of your fellow Dhims down with those comments, but nice that you are getting with the program. Why don't you try flying a 'British' flag from the roof of your stadium in case any 'passers-by' don't realise there are any 'Brits' in there? Just a thought.

I can't recall him ever referring to himself as British before.

Flip flop opportunist isn't he?

It puzzles the hell out of me why no English club has come looking for a manager that cracks under pressure, constantly brings his club and the game into disrepute, fails 9 times out of ten in competitions where he faces any opposition and has the media presence of a borstal inmate.

Can't figure it out at all.

“Yes, it surprises me, it disappoints me at times, but I am not just talking about myself,” said Lennon. “There should be more British managers being looked at for Premier League jobs. This is not me being xenophobic, but I am glad Tim Sherwood has got a crack at Spurs.

Oh Neil - you are going to let some of your fellow Dhims down with those comments, but nice that you are getting with the program. Why don't you try flying a 'British' flag from the roof of your stadium in case any 'would be suitors' pass by and don't realise there are any 'Brits' in there? Just a thought.

Sherwood also doesn't really substantiate his point. They will go foreign again because that's where the good managers are. Plenty British managers get a chance in the BPL and fail miserably. Some do well like SAF but there's far more top coaches abroad.

I can't recall him ever referring to himself as British before.

Flip flop opportunist isn't he?

Well spotted, sir. At least we now know why those Motherwell, Hearts and Aberdeen fans have been attacking him....his secret Unionism can now come out of the closet.

Guest Night Owl

I think Lennon fails to realize that just because your pals in the media type up articles about your players being Champions League level and destined for Barcelona or that he's the hottest new comer to footballing management in the world , it doesn't mean that A, it's true or B, anyone believes it.

Journalists outside of Scotland are under no pressure to kowtow to the Eastend or enable the continuation of the delusions of grandeur that waft from said rat hole. which is to say that if they think you are failing at one of the easiest jobs in Britain and should't be allowed anywhere near the EPl, then they're probably right.