Transfer window - who would come in given our predicament

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

Ibrox is still a big draw, especially for Scottish lads who are fans. I think Smith has also gone up in players estimations following his work with Scotland, so while we're not on top, we're still in second place in the SPL with European football as well. I could think of worse places to go.

Well Quashie wants to leave West Brom but believe he wants a move back to the Premiership. If Clement were to follow PLG out the Ibrox door i'd love to see Quashie come in to replace him. And if it is Walter and Ally that take over that would be an even bigger incentive for him to come here.

Malky

Guest Thenorthlondonblue
Well Quashie wants to leave West Brom but believe he wants a move back to the Premiership. If Clement were to follow PLG out the Ibrox door i'd love to see Quashie come in to replace him. And if it is Walter and Ally that take over that would be an even bigger incentive for him to come here.

Malky

Quashie was in the main stand at the old firm game.

Never really been a big Quashie fan i have to say!

Funny thing about Smith, is that one of my criticisms of him (and there are few!) during his first spell is that he seldom gave youth a chance, in fact had he not left after our 10 in a row attempt, we may never have seen Fergie get the real chance he did under Advocaat

Now though, with the scotland setup, he has done well with the crop of younger Scottish players ...... lets hope he keeps that frame of mind if he is coming back to Ibrox

Early editions say we've now had 2 bids for Sebo from clubs who were previously interested in him but PLG said no. So, time to cut our losses with the lad and wish him all the best?

I still think the Hibs two would strengthen our squad, I really hope we don't lose out on them.

Unfortunatley i feel we are now stuck with the mediocrity of Barry Ferguson running our midfield for years to come so i feel we are going to have to hope that The tims run out of money or at least nosedive.

One thing is that Smith has seen that scotland played better with Fletcher running the midfield so maybe he will go for Fletcher.

Well considering Fletcher is not rated at all by many Man Utd fans just maybe he may feel like a change of scene. Espcially since Bayern Munich now seem to be willing to discuss the transfer of Owen Hargreaves to Man Utd for £15 million+.

Don't know what it is in particular they have against him, perhaps he's not flashy enough for their liking. Always shows plenty of endeavour and willing but don't think he could handle the pressure of being the midfield playmaker.

Malky

I think Fletcher would be a good signing for us but we wont get him. If Man U sold him a Middlesboro type team will come in with higher wages and the offer to stay in the EPL, so im sure he would do that.

I look at Celtics midfield and see Lennon, Gravesen, Nakamura etc and see it being stronger than ours at the moment. I really wish the Gattuso rumour was true.

I look at Celtics midfield and see Lennon, Gravesen, Nakamura etc and see it being stronger than ours at the moment. I really wish the Gattuso rumour was true.

That would be the same midfield that Fergie and co were streets ahead of in the old firm game a few weeks back?

Gravesen is an utter donkey to be brutally honest .... i thought Adam was slow, but he looks like a 100m sprinter next to Gravesen!