Transfer window - who would come in given our predicament

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

The 2M compensation thing was reported by the Sun. A few other reports have said that PLG and his team got nothing apart from their moving & traveling expenses paid for by DM. Again, we don't know what happened, but as it looks like PLG or his staff has been leaking stories already, then I doubt there was compensation involved.

Thats unbelievable. Not just the comp but the fact Murray can spill pay offs right left and centre but wont pay a penny for a player other than SPL guys who are low wages. :admin:

So much for that article on here somewhere saying that Le Guen walked away without a penny and just his dignity intact!! :admin:

Given that the rumours first appeared in "the Sun" I wouldn�´t take them as gospel !

When you think about it, far more likely that it was zilch given that PLG looks to have quit.

Who will come in? Not the Hibs lads by the looks of it....

Brown: "They are two massive clubs but now if Hibs and Celtic can come to an agreement then I would prefer to join Celtic. I know of Celtic's firm interest and I think any player with ambition would be interested in being a part of what Gordon Strachan is building."

Thomson: "Being a part of what is constructed there makes Celtic the ONLY football option. That is now my preferred destination if a fee can be agreed with Hibs"

Brown: "They are two massive clubs but now if Hibs and Celtic can come to an agreement then I would prefer to join Celtic. I know of Celtic's firm interest and I think any player with ambition would be interested in being a part of what Gordon Strachan is building."

Thomson: "Being a part of what is constructed there makes Celtic the ONLY football option. That is now my preferred destination if a fee can be agreed with Hibs"

.....more good news then. :(

Where'd you get these quotes from?

Fair enough, ive never fancied either of them anyway especially Thomson. I still think our targets should be way above Hibs players.

If true then that cofirms the "smoke and mirrors" leak to the media via Chick Dung on the day that PLG left.

ie. murray gave these names to CD so as it gave us something else to talk about but he had no serious intention to bid the money needed to secure these two.

We�´ll see waht happens and I stand to be corrected if SB ends up at Ibrox but I�´m not holding my breath.

Sorry, those quotes were from the Sun. Which obviously need to be taken with a pinch of salt, but they are quotes rather than speculation.

I see that Hearts have signed another keeper. I wonder if that means Gordon is on his way?

On the radio that Celtic are now the clear favourites to sign both players in a deal which will involve cash and players going the other way.

I really get the feeling that every hour which passes without a manager in place means our chances of making the signings we need are lessening.