Transfer window - who would come in given our predicament

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

Celtic do seem to be trumping us quite a lot lately: Miller, Riordan, Pressley and now these two - and they took a risk on Hartson when we wouldn't.

In return we've got Novo...

I think it was to be expected that they�´d get one of them, but if they get both it will be a psychological boost for them aswell as enhancing their squad.

Full judgement would have to be reserved for 0001 hours Feb 1st but it would seem as if Hartley, a 30 year old may be our midfield signing.

Webster for centre half but he�´s injured

Gow for up front

Not looking good at the moment.

Evening Times seems to confirm this news and says we're more interested in Hartley and Quashie who should be available for much less than Hibs want for their pair.

Short term on one hand.

More proven & reliable talent on the other.

Assuming its true obviously.

Evening Times seems to confirm this news and says we're more interested in Hartley and Quashie who should be available for much less than Hibs want for their pair.

Short term on one hand.

More proven & reliable talent on the other.

Assuming its true obviously.

if the hibs pair go east of the city and we get the two older (30 and 29) players then I fear for the future as it shows that we are only thinking s-term where sellick are building a decent squad

if the hibs pair go east of the city and we get the two older (30 and 29) players then I fear for the future as it shows that we are only thinking s-term where sellick are building a decent squad

It sounds good for them but remember we've got 22 years olds coming out our ears so right now we need experience to provide some balance and consistency.

I think that's one of PLG's biggest mistakes - not enough experienced players.

When they head to celtic they'll be bench warmers just like rio, only getting his chance now because the man with the huge name is injured and miller just can't score.

Whilst that may be true the one thing that we need to ask ourselves is why is it that Celtic can have these lads as benchwarmers when if they were with us they likely would be automatic choices - THAT shows the difference in depth of the respective squads.

Sad but true

West Brom midfielder Nigel Quashie has joined West Ham in a deal that could be worth £1.75 million. Albion will receive a guaranteed £1.5 million from the transfer plus a further £250,000 if the Hammers retain their top-flight status this term or regain it during any season in which Quashie is, or has been, under contract at Upton Park.

Baggies manager Tony Mowbray said: "Nigel recently expressed an interest in getting back to the Premier League.

"When West Ham lodged their interest in signing Nigel, coupled with my desire to create some revenue to bring in fresh faces, I thought it was an opportunity which suited all parties.

"I want to thank Nigel for his contribution since I joined the club and wish him all the best at West Ham."

Quashie joined the Baggies from Southampton in a £1.2million deal literally minutes before last January's transfer window closed.

The 28-year-old made 30 appearances for Albion, scoring once in a 3-1 defeat at Arsenal in April.

Quashie's departure will give Mowbray extra spending power to press on with his own plans to bring in new blood during the January transfer window.

He is set to lodge a £4million bid for the Hibernian midfield duo of Scott Brown and Kevin Thompson from his former club. '

Also see that Anthony Stokes eventually went to Sunderland for £2million.

Shows you the crazy money in the English game when Championship clubs are talking about spending this kind of money to chase the Premiership dream.

Malky