I want them to survive, but a very interesting situation would develop if they were forced into a newco scenario because the SPFL would be forced to transfer their membership or leave them without a professional football league to play in. Assuming they had their membership transferred, then with the new single league body there would be a difficult situation for the SPFL trying to arrange appropriate sanctions and deciding where they would play. I think they would probably be allowed to stay in the Championship with points deductions or possibly relegated to the 3rd tier, but I can't imagine them being forced to start at the bottom like we were.

They damn well should go to the bottom tier.A precedent was set.

I want them to survive, but a very interesting situation would develop if they were forced into a newco scenario because the SPFL would be forced to transfer their membership or leave them without a professional football league to play in. Assuming they had their membership transferred, then with the new single league body there would be a difficult situation for the SPFL trying to arrange appropriate sanctions and deciding where they would play. I think they would probably be allowed to stay in the Championship with points deductions or possibly relegated to the 3rd tier, but I can't imagine them being forced to start at the bottom like we were.

Totally agree Zappa.

However, everything would come to a vote, if I'm correct, so interesting times.

My thoughts are that most of this should never need to happen if there were larger leagues, which per se guarantee more stability. Our smaller leagues and promotion and relegation are there purely on the whim that some people deem it to be more exciting. That's totally perverse.

In any other business, those who govern Scottish football would have been run out of town for their ineptitude. And being careful what I say in these litigatious times, my opinion is that Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster are the most inept people to have ever overseen Scottish football. Perhaps they pride themselves in being the most financially rewarded we have ever witnessed, but I would predict that the longer they are in office, the less likelihood there is of Scottish football surviving in a sustainable and entertaining form.

What I would like to get across is the fact that we cannot continue to behave like this as fans. The abhorrent and obscene behaviour of some fans in recent years is killing our game.

Celtic fans (and others) wanted us killed off - and are still actively pursuing that agenda.

Understandably, a large part of our fanbase wants to exact revenge.

Hibs fans want Hearts killed off and are communicating with those in control of the UBIG/UKIO administration process.

Hearts fans are presently bleating about the unfairness of other supporters actively disrupting that process, but conveniently forget that they actively wanted us to disappear forever.

Scottish football is in the death throes.

We're merely watching it spasm and foam at the mouth before it kicks the bucket - but it wasn't a natural cause.

It was self inflicted.

It was suicide.

Edited by bluebear54

Completely agree, although I don't think it's going to be particularly easy for them. More than one season in the Championship will see their finances slipping and they could easily end up like other top flight teams who've gone down and struggled to get back up and stay up.

They will finish 2nd and most likely win the play off. They will be back up with us.

They will finish 2nd and most likely win the play off. They will be back up with us.

If they are liquidated they should go to the bottom tier like we did.A precedent was set. sporting Integrity must be maintained.

If they're liquidated and don't go to the bottom tier I'd like to think we would seek one hell of a compensation package.

If they are liquidated they should go to the bottom tier like we did.A precedent was set. sporting Integrity must be maintained.

If they're liquidated and don't go to the bottom tier I'd like to think we would seek one hell of a compensation package.

I can't see them being liquidated. Everything will be done to help them, of that I have no doubt.