Some of the comments in the review seemed to be suggesting this

Sure but there's no detail so it's impossible to know how stifling these contracts are to our operations.

Only a 7th of the money spent was on player wages. Even that was to high mind you.

Not sure I'd agree 1/7 is too high especially when you compare that to other clubs.

The real challenge is to cut costs elsewhere but at the same time improve the first team squad.

One area I'd target is MP. Given the fact the majority of the first team squad are recruited from other senior clubs do we really need all these youth teams, youth coaches etc ? How much does it cost to run the MP youth set-up ? unless it produces players who get into the first team and can then be sold every other year or so to the EPL and beyond(like Ajax do with the likes of Eriksen & Alderweid last summer) then it is a massive drain on finances.

So far there has been no detail on any of the contracts.

I would assume that you did not expect that? What I would expect is that Nash and Co. take care of these contracts, unless that has not taken place already. As for wage costs et al, while one can sure lament the enormous amounts being spent and spend, somesuch will surely not be cut without some difficulty. If contracts run out and are not renewed, fine. But laying off staff or ending contracts without incurring payment as well will surely not happen.

We are a football club - I would expect the football related cost to be the highest, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

The IPO money makes our wages to turnover ratio seem a lot lower than it actually is. We won't have a 20 odd million injection every year will we? If you take away the one off costs which won't be on future accounts the ratio is closer to 50% than 30%. One can only guess why Ally and some fans deliberately choose to ignore this. Our footballing costs far far too high. That is just a fact.

Not sure I'd agree 1/7 is too high especially when you compare that to other clubs.

The real challenge is to cut costs elsewhere but at the same time improve the first team squad.

One area I'd target is MP. Given the fact the majority of the first team squad are recruited from other senior clubs do we really need all these youth teams, youth coaches etc ? How much does it cost to run the MP youth set-up ? unless it produces players who get into the first team and can then be sold every other year or so to the EPL and beyond(like Ajax do with the likes of Eriksen & Alderweid last summer) then it is a massive drain on finances.

We are only turning over £18/19m in the lower leagues aren't we?

Football costs are averaged at £11.2m.

That's well over 50%.

Far from excessive I'd have thought.

Ally was telling us it was 27%, which it may have been in the last 2 years but that included tens of millions we won't bring in, in the future. People have been trying to deflect from the football costs claiming the wages to turnover ration was anything between 25% and 33% when that is clearly being economical with the truth. In what way is £11.2m per annum far from excessive? It's an enormous cost.