isn't al lamont a rangers fan?

Supposed to be but I think most journalists would put their job security above their support for the club. As would many of the rest of us to be fair...

isn't al lamont a rangers fan?

That is the word on the street and I have no reason not to believe it.

I talked about a secondary source because I thought it a sensible precaution rather than any certainty of ALamont omiting detail or slanting his report a certain way.

When it comes to matters Rangers, it very much looks as if McLaughlin and Lamont have had the same 'Ibrox Insiders' and both reporters have shown a willingness to go that 'extra mile' in exchange for ongoing info (which has proved to be part spin). Today is different in that 'news' should be coming from a primary source.

I think Grant Russell is there as well. He's a solid sort...

Between the two we should get a fairly comprehensive lowdown.

It'll be interesting to see what level of detail (actual numbers) the defence (Rangers) are required to show to justify their argument.

If the club say there is loads of dosh and Ahmad doesn't have to worry, then they'll have to present the numbers.

If the club say that freezing 500K would tip the club into a dark place where no-one wins, then it rather contradicts what they have recently been claiming.

Various tweets so far:

Break for lunch in Imran Ahmad v Rangers. Mr McBrearty, acting for Ahmad, has spent morning outlining argument for claim to arrest £620,000

Mr McBrearty spent morning outlining importance of uncertainty over season ticket sales and risk of insolvency it may present to Rangers.

Court heard Rangers CEO Graham Wallace forecasts £2m income in season ticket renewals within next 10-14 days.

Mr McBrearty also cast doubt on ability of Rangers to quickly raise money through minor share issue if season ticket sales are slow.

Mr Somers, acting for Rangers, will state his case after lunch at 2pm.

Mr McBrearty repeated in court public claims that around 2000 season tickets sold by Rangers to date. Mr Somers shook his head at this claim

Rangers CFO Philip Nash statement to court: "Renewal of season tickets has been slower, rather than lower, than expected". Head scratcher.

Nash statement in court that purchasing season tickets on security through trust is not possible, "matter of time before fans realise this".

At an average of £400 each, that means Wallace thinks we'll sell around 5000 more season tickets in next fortnight.

Hardly brilliant if we're only in low thousands at moment.