McCulloch should not have got a 2-year contract, he and Black are overpaid, Simonsen was an expensive indulgence as was Cribari but we needed an experienced CB at the time, Foster is a decent player at this level and probably the next, Daly was a mistake, Faure is our best CB but played out of position most of the time which is not his fault, Hutton has been unfortunate with injury but what is wrong with Bell and Templeton (our only genuinely creative player) except perhaps again their salaries which are down to Green. Wallace cannot do anything about any of those except Simonsen, Cribari and Hutton whose contracts are up.

Without wishing to re-open the SDM debate and acknowledging that he lost it laterly; he gave us a team which included a world class players in Laudrup and top European players like Gascoigne and Mikhailechenko, leading to nine-in-a row; what more do you want? Calling him a "charlatan" is a long way wide of the mark; I'm sure that even his biggest detractors would not say that.

Murray destroyed Rangers on and off the park.

The current mess was directly caused by him.

It does indeed and I agree. The Easdale/GreenCo mob needed a big name CEO to boost their credibility, whereas I don't really think the requisitioners needed to do that so much when they had the backing of someone like McColl.

They probably though they needed someone good to sort the mess. This lot just needed a patsy. Patsy are cheap

We've been without football for a lot longer than that.

I'm looking forward to the World Cup and CL Final to get my football fix. I certainly don't get it at Ibrox any more.

So your straits became too narrow and the words of Struth did not reach you? You're not exactly willing to help the club when the shields are down? (Oh wait, that will be turned into: I am not willing to help the current board ... fair enough.) A year and a half away we knew what was coming. Many on here wanted it to happen too, no penny for the SPL scum et al. You do wonder what people expected it would be like ... and yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing, as is "imagination".

Well, I have BL football every week here, could go to the Olympiastadion every second week and see cool German games, watch Italian and Spanish and English footie on TV or via the net. I would love to be given the chance to see my team playing live in the remotest part of your fair country these days though, and try to watch and listen to every game they play - ahead of English, German or whatever footie. For that is what I have done for 30odd years now and I won't give it up for 3 or 5 years because we're in a mess on and off the park. And I have the greatest of respect for any Bluenose who does likewise, even if he's cast-into-stone on my ignore list like forlanssister.

Not something you can blame on Mr Wallace.

Mr.Wallace and his advisors would have negotiated his 'Golden Renumeration Package'.

When GW was appointed, the chairman Mr.Somers was talking about corporate goverence, transparency and an end to the (unjustifiable) bonus culture. In short Mr.Somers said that he would look to put together a 'professional' board who would sort out the mess.

Back to negotiations, between the different parties they decided that the GW contract should contain a bonus worth 100% of a salary.

Why would a company with financial problems do that ?

Perhaps because he would set specific targets that would be at levels where the CEO led company would generate enough money to justify them ?

or

Perhaps because the company needed and pushed the mind-set of the 'Golden CV' to keep the heat off as things were to get ever hotter in the kitchen. For the "Golden CV" to take the risk/hit he needed big bucks. But they couldn't award a salary of 630,000 so they come up with the 100% bonus idea (they have previous for it) and a contract that is foggy and imprecise regards the trigger. If it were transparent and proper it would have specific conditions.

So GW and his advisors started off at Ibrox by helping put together and signing a contract that was designed to decieve. It would not be transparent but would almost certainly see him take a package that all included will cost the club up to around 800K.

Edited by buster.

Mr.Wallace and his advisors would have negotiated his 'Golden Renumeration Package'.

When GW was appointed, the chairman Mr.Somers was talking about corporate goverence, transparency and an end to the (unjustifiable) bonus culture. In short Mr.Somers said that he would look to put together a 'professional' board who would sort out the mess.

Back to negotiations, between the different parties they decided that the GW contract should contain a bonus worth 100% of a salary.

Why would a company with financial problems do that ?

Perhaps because he would set specific targets that would be set at levels where the CEO led company would generate enough money to justify them ?

or

Perhaps because the company needed and pushed the mind-set of the 'Golden CV' to keep the heat off as things were to get ever hotter in the kitchen. For the "Golden CV" to take the risk/hit he needed big bucks. But they couldn't award a salary of 630,000 so they come up with the 100% bonus idea (they have previous for it) and a contract that is foggy and imprecise regards the trigger. If it were transparent and proper it would have specific conditions.

So GW and his advisors started off at Ibrox by helping put together and signing a contract that was designed to decieve. It would not be transparent but would almost certainly see him take a package that all included will cost the club up to around 800K.

Wallace's contract signed on the 19th November 2013 also states that should he be voted out by the shareholders at the AGM on December 19th 2013 he would be entitled to receive 6 months salary and benefits receivable within 7 days of him asking for it.

So your straits became too narrow and the words of Struth did not reach you? You're not exactly willing to help the club when the shields are down? (Oh wait, that will be turned into: I am not willing to help the current board ... fair enough.) A year and a half away we knew what was coming. Many on here wanted it to happen too, no penny for the SPL scum et al. You do wonder what people expected it would be like ... and yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing, as is "imagination".

Well, I have BL football every week here, could go to the Olympiastadion every second week and see cool German games, watch Italian and Spanish and English footie on TV or via the net. I would love to be given the chance to see my team playing live in the remotest part of your fair country these days though, and try to watch and listen to every game they play - ahead of English, German or whatever footie. For that is what I have done for 30odd years now and I won't give it up for 3 or 5 years because we're in a mess on and off the park. And I have the greatest of respect for any Bluenose who does likewise, even if he's cast-into-stone on my ignore list like forlanssister.

You misunderstand.

Watching Rangers every week does not give the discerning football fan an adequate football fix.

He has to go elsewhere for that, even if it's just to change channel.

Ibrox is no place to take the serious football lover these days.

There's more entertainment to be found watching workmen digging up the road.