10 members have voted

1. 1. What time of year would you prefer for the next Gersnet Dinner

• Early Season - August/September
    • Autumn – October/November
    • Christmas
    • New Year
    • Spring – February/ March
    • End of Season – April/May

All these marriages - we're dropping like flies. Important to get the ground rules set at the off.

This time is Gersnet time, this money is set aside for going to see Rangers, etc etc.

Joking aside, warm and hearty congratulations to Juancornetto and SuperCooper.

I don't know what these young Rangers supporters are like nowadays. Arranging Weddings without knowing the fixture list. :laugh:

My mate got married on the same day as Rangers v Celtic at Ibrox - August 2005 the game Buffel ran the show and he is a season ticket holder. Havent spoken to him since.

It seems myself and Super Cooper are in the same predicament regarding imminent nuptials.

I'm doing the deed on the 24th August and then off for a European road trip for 10 days so anytime after about the 6th Sept suits me fine.

We could even have a wee double celebration toast to ourselves. You like Bucky SC?

:seal:

I do indeed my good friend! :D

My mate got married on the same day as Rangers v Celtic at Ibrox - August 2005 the game Buffel ran the show and he is a season ticket holder. Havent spoken to him since.

I got married on a Friday, and persuaded her Aberdeen would be a nice place for a few days.

We only drew, terrible week-end.

I don't know what these young Rangers supporters are like nowadays. Arranging Weddings without knowing the fixture list. :laugh:

It's utterly shocking without a doubt.

Up to 2012 I would not arrange a holiday until I saw the European dates.

However, I'm not sure what's worse arranging a wedding before the fixtures are out or before the date of the next Gersnet Dinner is decided.

Sorry for the short delay due to Pete demanding a recount.

:drum:

The moment you’ve all been waiting for has finally arrived; the official poll for the second Official Gersnet Dinner has now closed and I can declare that the official result on a very low poll is a draw:

Early Season - August/September 4 votes 40.00%

Autumn – October/November 4 votes 40.00%

Rather than go into extra time or have some kind of shoot out I was tempted to invoke the Organiser’s Casting Vote (OCV) but I have decided to take a more pragmatic approach.

Firstly a reminder that the season starts on:

• Weekend of 26 July - First Round of the Scottish Challenge Cup

• Weekend of ‎2 August - First Round of the Scottish League Cup

• Weekend of 9 August - SPFL League season starts across all four divisions

I would think that this means that we will be at home on 9 and 23 August, away on the 16th and 30th and after that it’s a lottery.

Looking at specific dates that have been highlighted:

Frankie has weddings on the 8th and 9th of August (though I am sorely tempted to ignore him/that) and just go for the first match)!

JC says that he is doing the deed on the 24th August and then off for a European road trip for 10 days so anytime after about the 6th Sept suits him fine.

SC says not Aug 20 – 23 or the weekend of September 19th when he’s getting married.

I've been told to avoid the September weekend as well, which is the following weekend of 27/28 September.

GS commented that if we have something reasonably early we can perhaps then have crimbo drinks.

STB has been pushing September/October time from the start.

It does seem reasonable to go somewhere in between the two winning time zones which would indeed argue for September or October and this would also accommodate GS’s comments about leaving the way clear for Crimbo Drinks (which someone else can organise thank you very much!).

I didn’t want to influence the voting in any way but I will be away from 12 to October to 1 November and apart from ruling me out in between those dates, effectively that means that I cannot organise anything for after 4/5 October until about mid November, say the 15th/16th, which is the weekend Scotland play RoI (Friday 14th). (However, whilst I would like to be at the dinner, I don’t have any problem with someone else arranging it for in between those dates and I'll toast you all from about 7,000 miles away. :hols:)

However, if we accommodate everyone then that would only leave:

6/7 September (when Scotland are playing in Germany and I don’t know if that would affect anyone or whether Rangers would be playing).

13/14 September

4/5 October

So if I have worked all this out correctly, I would suggest that we leave it now and see if the fixtures are kind to us on any of the above dates and take it from there.

If I have missed anything feel free to set me straight.

Edited by BrahimHemdani