Giggs ahead of Best and Charlton? I don't think so. Certainly not ahead of Denis Law or Duncan Edwards.

I agree. Something people also don't like to talk about is Giggs has been very mediocre for several seasons now, not having a huge influence on play. Man Utd's midfield has been very weak for years and he's been a key part of that.

Also, even in modern times, the likes of Ronaldo, Vieira, Henry, Drogba etc have all been elite level players that I'd rate as far better than Giggs ever was.

Its great to have different views, for me Giggs does down as Man Utd best ever. I thought he was terrific even up to the last game he came on against Hull. He certainly gets in my all time Premier League team. When you talk about over rated then that's where Beckham can come into it.

• 2 months later...
I don't think this is a good appointment at all.

Tears and No Trophies.

Early days but I thought I could see a tear in the LVG left eye when being interviewed post first home defeat last weekend.

There will be more to come.

Fergie really left their squad in a mess. They have spent a fortune since......and it's still a complete mess! They need a good 5 or 6 top players and are a mile off Chelsea, City, Arsenal and even Liverpool, Spurs, Everton etc are considerably stronger.

They have fecked up with both of their managerial appointments.

LVG is another mistake and I said that weeks ago, not based on recent games.

The English press will gradually get on top of him after an overly respectful and reverent welcome.

They have fecked up with both of their managerial appointments.

LVG is another mistake and I said that weeks ago, not based on recent games.

The English press will gradually get on top of him after an overly respectful and reverent welcome.

As I said at the time, he lives of his time with Ajax. He did reasonably well with Holland this time around though too.

He would do well to ditch 3 at the back though, usually ends in disaster particularly in England.