Official complaint lodged wi FIFA about these additional points. No way would PapaBear have picked Holland. Admin should stay out of the battle of the bottom Zappa. If these auld codgers can't work out a simple drop down box, it's not my problem. :throwpc:

:seal:

Official complaint lodged wi FIFA about these additional points. No way would PapaBear have picked Holland. Admin should stay out of the battle of the bottom Zappa. If these auld codgers can't work out a simple drop down box, it's not my problem. :throwpc:

:seal:

Zap, Tinman actually makes quite a valid point. Please remove my sympathy-point forthwith!

If I'm too stupid to work out how to make predictions, that's my own fault and I see no reason why other people should lose their rightful place in the table.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to Tinman, who will still remain where he is.

At the bottom. :)

Sorry guys, the additional point awarded to the 5 people who missed the Australia v Holland game because of the prediction page switch was the only fair thing to do.

If it had just been one person making a mistake, then we could maybe have said 'doh! tough titties', but when it's 5 people making the same mistake at the same time, then clearly the page switching in the game wasn't obvious enough for everyone.

Nobody has any excuses for missing games any more though, so future cock-ups will indeed be met with a 'doh! tough titties' response! :D

Big scoring day yesterday for quite a few of you, so very well done if you were amongst the high scorers.

Best of luck for today and here's hoping it's another high scoring day! :)

Needless to say that nobody predicted the correct 2-5 score for that Swiss v French game, but hats off to the guys who predicted a big scoreline in favour of the French, I was rooting for you both (AnnanBear and Juan) with your 0-3 & 0-4 predictions, but the game just went crazy. This was the first game with 7 goals if I'm not mistaken, so very few people would have even imagined it. Great game though and this French team are looking impressive!

France do look shit hot. I'm not enjoying this tournament but am enjoying their expansive play. They haven't had the greatest of tests so far, though if I recall correctly that's Switzerlands first competitive defeat in about 2 years.

France have never been a favourite team of mine, Holland, Spain and Italy have always been the nations I've routed for (given that Scotland and Northern Ireland never amount to anything).

But I'm all for teams that can play the way the game is intended.

Zappa - does goal difference matter? IE if someone predicted 4-2 France would they be at an advantage to me predicting 2-1 France?

PS - I think by the law of averages a real 4-3 nail biter type game will crop up. It helps if there's two half decent teams with a weak defence. EG I can randomly recall a quality 3-3 match with Yugoslavia and Slovenia that was an excellent match. There seems to be less of that now.

Zlatko Zahovic :rock:. 35 goals for Slovenia from midfield!