I think you will find that both Jo Venglos and Billy McNeill have poorer records in that particular category.

McLeish appears to be very adept at going into a struggling club and getting huge improvement from the existing squad of players, only to crash and burn after the initial success. Finishing third in a two-horse race was staggering.

Venglos - 32.54%

McNeill - 21.95%

Eck - 21.43%

As I say, he is the worst manager in that particular's club's history. Yet some champion for him.

McLeish is very adept at...absolutely nothing.

That is premiership only. I am looking at all games as all managers should be examined.

Firstly, it's not Premiership only, it goes right back to 1945.

As has been explained on that site, it is unfair to include domestic cup/European games. For example, how could a defeat by Real Madrid be comparable to a win over Rochdale?

If managers should be examined on ALL games, why do you only use the win % stats to make your point?

We really are so supportive of people who do their best for our club. McCleish lost me when he ridiculed Craig Moore in the press for playing for Australia. He then stripped him of the captaincy but then raced him back into the team for a European game dropping ( Was it Scott Nesbitt?) his replacement who had played excellently in Moore's absence.

We really are so supportive of people who do their best for our club. McCleish lost me when he ridiculed Craig Moore in the press for playing for Australia. He then stripped him of the captaincy but then raced him back into the team for a European game dropping ( Was it Scott Nesbitt?) his replacement who had played excellently in Moore's absence.

Certainly wouldn't have been Nisbet Pete, he finished playing years before McLeish came to Rangers. Maybe Scott Wilson. Defenders from McLeish era off the top of my head (I was going to loads of games in his earlier days) many of which was signed by Eck:

Ricksen

Moore

Amoruso

Konterman

M Ball

Zurab Khizananishvili,

S Wilson

Mo Ross

T Vidmar

D Adamczuk

B Malcolm

K Muscat

J Bonnessil

D Eggen

P Vanoli

H Berg

F De Boer

M Andrews

J Boumsong

Gregory Vignal

Soti Kyrgiakos

Oliver Bernard

JP Fan-Fan

Ian Murray

Jay Rodriguez.

But I tend to agree with SBS on McLeish, I think he is a fantastic motivator who sparks life into dressing rooms that are down which gets a reaction for a while but his football tactics are not there. He played Arveladze wide too often.

He has a mixed bag when signing players, he signed some stinkers but he also signed Boumsong who was awesome for 1 year then we got a good payment, and of course his best signing - Dado Prso!

There is no defending mediocrity like Big Eck. Yes he won trophies but my goodness his brand of football and misuse of very good players was appalling. Then there was finishing 3rd with the best squad in the country. Hopeless.

Yes 3rd in a 2 team league said it all. Ok Hearts did well that season but after Burley went they lost it.

McLeish was lucky he had so many impact players. Lovenkrands could do something out of nothing, De Boer was world Class, Prso is in the Ledley King mould where he had a dodgy knee but was still head and shoulders above the rest. Hartson couldn't take pens :seal: