So we haven't been playing against part-timers for the past 2 seasons? What a strange comment.

If you read my post you will see that I refer to them being part-time players. If you look at what I was replying to you will realise that there was nothing at all strange about the comment.

You highlighted me saying we aren't playing professionals and said that was nonsense. What I said was perfectly valid bar the odd exception eg Dunfermline.

There is a difference between part-time and professional.

What :laugh:?

That's exactly what I'm saying. Are you on the wind up?

You don't know what you are saying.

Gothenburg won the UEFA Cup with a team of part-time professional players. Sir Tom Finney became one of the finest players to pull on an England shirt while moonlighting as a plumber in the family firm. Even modern day players have outside interests such as modelling, doing endorsement deals, and attending corporate events at the behest of sponsors.

Your valued opinion is very much appreciated.

If you are going to call something nonsense then you do really have to say why you think that. Makes your post even worse nonsense I am afraid.

There is so much wrong with it , it should be self evident.

You don't know what you are saying.

Gothenburg won the UEFA Cup with a team of part-time professional players. Sir Tom Finney became one of the finest players to pull on an England shirt while moonlighting as a plumber in the family firm. Even modern day players have outside interests such as modelling, doing endorsement deals, and attending corporate events at the behest of sponsors.

For the nth time, I said most of the teams we have been playing have not been professionals, they have been part-timers. How you can object to a stated fact is anyone's guess.

This isn't the first time you have done this. As for your second point, what happened decades ago is irrelevant given how football has changed.