Unless I am mistaken, he's played a total of 2 games for us. Unfortunately, he'll always be remembered for his error against the Arabs. A bit like van Vossen being remembered for "that miss", not for being part of the NIAR side. Did anyone remember Davie Weir for giving away that penalty in injury time against ICT, when Black scored with their only shot at goal? With football fans the art of selective memory always reaches certain heights (or lows).

Unless there is different info, I assume that Simonsen's contract ended on May 31st.

I don't think we needed Simonsen last season and I don't think we'll need him this year either...

Gallacher looked competent enough so we should retain him for back-up. If the manager would rather he played more games on loan, fair enough but Kelly can feature on the bench and should Bell get a serious injury then I'm sure we can use SPFL rules to sign an emergency keeper.

Unless I am mistaken, he's played a total of 2 games for us. Unfortunately, he'll always be remembered for his error against the Arabs. A bit like van Vossen being remembered for "that miss", not for being part of the NIAR side. Did anyone remember Davie Weir for giving away that penalty in injury time against ICT, when Black scored with their only shot at goal? With football fans the art of selective memory always reaches certain heights (or lows).

While what you say is mostly true, I think there's much more to it than that. Players can make gaffs but will be forgiven if they consistently do well after that eg Weir. Van Vossen allowed the miss and attention he got for it to get to him and he became a shadow of the player he was and Walter was quoted as saying something like, "It's like he's been replaced by his twin brother who's not a player." He was a good player before the miss and terrible after it.

Simenson won't have the chance to redeem himself so his fate is sealed.

While what you say is mostly true, I think there's much more to it than that. Players can make gaffs but will be forgiven if they consistently do well after that eg Weir. Van Vossen allowed the miss and attention he got for it to get to him and he became a shadow of the player he was and Walter was quoted as saying something like, "It's like he's been replaced by his twin brother who's not a player." He was a good player before the miss and terrible after it.

Simenson won't have the chance to redeem himself so his fate is sealed.

Yep, I think he is a decent keeper albeit we really didn't need another back up for these lower divisions.

But unfortunately he got a chance in our biggest game of the season and made a horrendous error so that'll likely be the main memory.

kelly and mcorrie were on scotland duty so we had to send an older keeper.

What about Scott Gallacher and Alan Smith?

Btw, Simonsen is still classing himself as a Rangers player on his social media profile/s.....