Leaving ICT was probably the biggest mistake he'll ever make and I think the same will apply to Leeann Dempster soon enough because I don't think she had any input in the Butcher sacking and she seemed pretty distraught and upset when being interviewed on the news last night.

Getting back to Terry Butcher though, it would be interesting to find out the real reasons behind him losing the dressing room at Hibs, but no matter the reason, he's clearly not Rangers manager material after being such a failure in Edinburgh.

Leaving ICT was probably the biggest mistake he'll ever make and I think the same will apply to Leeann Dempster soon enough because I don't think she had any input in the Butcher sacking and she seemed pretty distraught and upset when being interviewed on the news last night.

Getting back to Terry Butcher though, it would be interesting to find out the real reasons behind him losing the dressing room at Hibs, but no matter the reason, he's clearly not Rangers manager material after being such a failure in Edinburgh.

I thought the complete opposite, i thought she came across as ruthless and Terry was always going to get the bullet as soon as she was appointed.

Butch told them all they were goners did he not? In first team meeting. That's what i was told by a few Hibee mates.

Leaving aside the fact that some Rangers fans just don't like him any more, he was reckoned to be settling into management up at Inverness and could certainly have been a contender if Ally had walked.

Now, almost overnight, he's a dud again and untouchable. Very few thought that Hibs had made a bad choice, and yet it didn't work out.

Appointing a manager is not an easy task. In truth, I think most clubs happen on the handful of good ones out there by accident.

It's a pity for TB. He handled the Hibs relegation with genuine dignity and spoke very well while under enormous pressure. In many ways, he is what we expect a Rangers manager to be, but unfortunately, when his teams do the talking for him, his case to be a big club manager weakens.

I wish him well, though.

I thought the complete opposite, i thought she came across as ruthless and Terry was always going to get the bullet as soon as she was appointed.

Butch told them all they were goners did he not? In first team meeting. That's what i was told by a few Hibee mates.

I only know what I saw last night on the teatime news and Dempster came across to me as though she was upset and hadn't had much input in the decision. I reckon Sergeant Petrie threw Butcher under the bus to save his own arse because it's Petrie who the Hibs fans really wanted rid of.

Aye, it was rumoured that Butcher was going to gut the squad and build his own. If he did tell the first team squad most of them would be offski, then losing the dressing room was completely his own fault. You'd need to know more details before making any sort of judgement though.

Very few thought that Hibs had made a bad choice

Indeed, but plenty people thought Butcher was making a big mistake moving to a Club with a record of going through managers so frequently.

Indeed, but plenty people thought Butcher was making a big mistake moving to a Club with a record of going through managers so frequently.

It was a promotion and he can hardly be blamed for jumping at it. He would have been confident in his own ability to do a good job.

One bad season at Inverness and he could have been sacked or missed the chance of self-improvement. In football, you sometimes have to take the chances as and when they present themselves because they might not come around again.