SPFL ignoring their Rules to help Hearts.

Guest leither

The new SPFL rules make no mention of word Administration anywhere. The words used are insolvency event and insolvency process and the stage Hearts are in at present, the Voluntary Arrangement ,is the final part of the insolvency process and it will continue until all the conditions of the CVA have been met.

The condition which interests the SPFL is the football creditors, and I believe that will be the reason the rules were drafted the way they were. If the football creditors are not settled there will be further 15 point penalties . ( There is an article in tonight's Edinburgh Evening News about ex-players who are still waiting to be paid)

With regards to your last paragraph, I think Hibs can run you pretty close with problems to contend with, but the problems will get a whole lot worse for both our clubs if promotion is missed.

Anyway, thanks for the courtesy of your Gersnet site, I will post any further developments I hear on this topic.

Good luck to you mate but I'm pretty sure you are soon to become another honorary member of the "Banging Our Heads Off A Brick Wall Club".

Common sense, natural justice, fair play, "sporting integrity", "fans are not to blame" are alien concepts to SPFL/SFA.

Who spoke up when we were being bludgeoned from pillar to post?? Fans and chairmen of other clubs demanded our obliteration.

Shoe is on the other foot now for some and I have to admit that I have little or no sympathy, your lot included. What goes round comes round. Sorry.

I think it's good they are being helped

Nope. Don't get me wrong here, I have no problems with Heart of Midlothian the football club as such. Great member of Scottish football for ages. That the bampottery of their ex-chairman/owner and the behaviour of their current "support" brought them into our bad books is on another sheet. They got all they deserved for Vlad the Mad's antics, and their own stuff. The authorities made up rules as they went along, mainly because they were utterly unprepared for what happened to us in the SPL/SFL days. A band of folk stuck in the stone age with regards how associations and leagues are to be run, suddenly facing another dinosaur-killer comet. The really bad thing - the one that leaves the bitterest taste in the mouth - was that it was ruled by folk who saw opportunism and moneymaking as their highest values, people who longed for the day they could give one over us (or the Yahoos, for that matter) and "disliked" us to the core. And they were utterly short-sighted.

At the end of the day, they whipped up a new league setup to safeguard "themselves" against another comet. So far so good (or bad). Still, they have implanted rules for an insolvency event and while our situation was different, you have to expect that they use their rules now as being written. No ifs and buts. As long as Hearts are in admin or that process is not solved, the rules should apply. They have their rich patroness to keep them warm over another winter in the Championship, should that come to pass. We have every right to question any help they get and if the SPFL goes against that, they should be reported to UEFA et al, much like the Yahoos, for handing undue sporting and financial advantages.

It is a sad fact of life that Scottish football is run by individuals who make up rules to suit themselves and interpret them in a similar manner. A classic example was our transfer embargo imposed upon us during administration. D&P took it to a court of law and got it overturned but this didn't stop Rhegan imposing it anyway as a condition of getting our licence and SFA membership.

fWIW I think the OP has a very good point indeed. It will be interesting to see how this develops

The new SPFL rules make no mention of word Administration anywhere. The words used are insolvency event and insolvency process and the stage Hearts are in at present, the Voluntary Arrangement ,is the final part of the insolvency process and it will continue until all the conditions of the CVA have been met.

The condition which interests the SPFL is the football creditors, and I believe that will be the reason the rules were drafted the way they were. If the football creditors are not settled there will be further 15 point penalties . ( There is an article in tonight's Edinburgh Evening News about ex-players who are still waiting to be paid)

With regards to your last paragraph, I think Hibs can run you pretty close with problems to contend with, but the problems will get a whole lot worse for both our clubs if promotion is missed.

Anyway, thanks for the courtesy of your Gersnet site, I will post any further developments I hear on this topic.

Maybe I'm just too cynical these days, but it's difficult to believe that the SPFL rules have been recently redrafted the way they have in order to protect football creditors. That's certainly not how the Insolvency section E1 to E6 reads to me because the wording of E5 and E6 in particular would suggest that they are paying far more attention to Rangers than any out of pocket creditors.

Rangers, Hearts & other Scottish clubs have been through horrific times with insolvency & administration events & processes and the fans of other clubs which haven't suffered such an event would do well to think carefully before trying to cause any further damage because there's a well known and very apt old saying: What goes around comes around.

What goes round comes round. Sorry.

Ah, you said it before me. Ok, I'll change my old saying to an old proverb: Before you begin on the journey of revenge, dig two graves.

Guest leither

My mate who wrote to Doncaster on the subject got a reply this morning from his P A.

" I can confirm Neil has received your letter dated 20/6/2014 and apologises for the delay in acknowledging receipt.

Neil expects he will be in a position to respond to you early next week. "

I sense the SPFL fudge machine is being started up.

My mate who wrote to Doncaster on the subject got a reply this morning from his P A.

" I can confirm Neil has received your letter dated 20/6/2014 and apologises for the delay in acknowledging receipt.

Neil expects he will be in a position to respond to you early next week. "

I sense the SPFL fudge machine is being started up.

I sense the letter is being passed on to the legal department who are the ones who will be able to provide your mate with the most accurate information.