Maybe we just look at things differently.

I don't think a professional player is really a "poor player" (generally speaking, Filip Sebo apart....) - but they could be a poor player when compared to other professionals.

I have a hard time saying a professional player is "dreadful". I wouldn't even call myself a dreadful player.... so by extension I couldn't really call a pro a dreadful player.

End of the day.... I would rather have kept Little than Daly. I think Little is a better player than Daly.

I agree to an extent. Dreadful is probably hyperbole but it's the way i post, that's my style if you like. It's my way of putting my pov across, i am sure most folk know what i mean, that i simply don't rate the kid. :)

If it was up to me i would have binned both though i do agree Little would probably offer more than Daly in terms of contribution, fitness, effort even.

I agree to an extent. Dreadful is probably hyperbole but it's the way i post, that's my style if you like. It's my way of putting my pov across, i am sure most folk know what i mean, that i simply don't rate the kid. :)

If it was up to me i would have binned both though i do agree Little would probably offer more than Daly in terms of contribution, fitness, effort even.

This may be unpopular... but if I was at the helm and had to make some of these choices.... I wouldn't have kept Daly, kept Little (even as a useful squad player) and, if you really wanted someone up front with the "rock em sock em" style..... played Jig up there.

I know there are some like SB who say Jig "never had it" but he had it enough to be capped by his country and to play in the EPL. And he also proved in the lower leagues that he could score for fun. In terms of wages, players needed, squad numbers etc - you could have retained jig & Little and not bothered with Daly. Plus, I don't really enjoy seeing Jig at the back - his lack of pace will absolutely get found out.... if not this season, then next (I hope beyond hope that he realizes his best days are beyond him and he takes a step into the background)

I'm not sure, I think dreadful is the perfect word for much of our players from 03/04 onwards.

This may be unpopular... but if I was at the helm and had to make some of these choices.... I wouldn't have kept Daly, kept Little (even as a useful squad player) and, if you really wanted someone up front with the "rock em sock em" style..... played Jig up there.

I know there are some like SB who say Jig "never had it" but he had it enough to be capped by his country and to play in the EPL. And he also proved in the lower leagues that he could score for fun. In terms of wages, players needed, squad numbers etc - you could have retained jig & Little and not bothered with Daly. Plus, I don't really enjoy seeing Jig at the back - his lack of pace will absolutely get found out.... if not this season, then next (I hope beyond hope that he realizes his best days are beyond him and he takes a step into the background)

I would have went further and allowed Gallagher and Halkett to be our partnership through the leagues. They are outrageously brilliant together. I haven't seen a partnership compliment each other so well since McCoist and Hateley! Granted i have only seen very little of it but what i did impressed me. Of course as you rightly point out though Jig would have been fine. I think Ally panicked after the disaster of the bottom tier and wanted experience and someone he could trust at the back hence why Jig was shoehorned in there. Jig and Little would have been more than sufficient to get us to where we are now and we could have saved a fortune on Dalys salary, even Clarks if we had the brains and balls to promote a few kids as back up.

Jig at the back terrifies me. It just looks so wrong on so many levels. Last year he was showing signs of being out his depth there but due to the lack of real opposition we got away with it but again as you rightly say, next season and thereafter he will be found out big time, as will Mohsni incidentally.

I would have went further and allowed Gallagher and Halkett to be our partnership through the leagues. They are outrageously brilliant together. I haven't seen a partnership compliment each other so well since McCoist and Hateley! Granted i have only seen very little of it but what i did impressed me. Of course as you rightly point out though Jig would have been fine. I think Ally panicked after the disaster of the bottom tier and wanted experience and someone he could trust at the back hence why Jig was shoehorned in there. Jig and Little would have been more than sufficient to get us to where we are now and we could have saved a fortune on Dalys salary, even Clarks if we had the brains to promote a few kids as back up.

Jig at the back terrifies me. It just looks so wrong on so many levels. Last year he was showing signs of being out his depth there but due to the lack of real opposition we got away with it but again as you rightly say, next season and thereafter he will be found out big time, as will Mohsni incidentally.

I'm all for youth but I remain to be convinced that two youngsters side-by-side in front of 45,000 crazed Rangers fans would have been the answer. Gallagher beside Jig, sure. Two inexperienced guys beside each other ? I don't think I would have went that route as manager myself. Not until one of them had proven themselves beside someone with experience and I wouldn't have played them together unless the league was sewn up. Which is why I, personally, wish we had lost a game early in the campaign - it meant this whole "unbeaten in the league" stuff was irrelevant and we could wrap up the league, then start the youngsters.

I think jig has done well for us, up front. But also understand that he isn't everyone's cup of tea - the younger generations who have been used to Messi, Ronaldo, Henry, Bergkamp and Suarez type players will struggle to associate with a more physical type of player such as Jig. But going through the leagues he would have scored more than his fair share to ensure promotion - and, as you say, save us money in the process. Daly was an un-necessary luxury, IMHO. And one that wasn't even a luxurious player to have.

At the back though ? Jig will, at times, be a bomb scare this season, I am pretty sure of it. He isn't as slow as Davie Weir, but he also isn't as perceptive as Weir. Weir made up for his lack of pace by being a couple of yards faster in the brain - Jig, in my opinion, doesn't have that.

We all talk about Celtic down-sizing.... but my fear is that what they are really doing is what WE should be doing.... They KNOW that league is wrapped up before a ball is kicked, so they don't spend money they don't need to. Keep it... wait till Rangers come back up, THEN spend some of it to keep them at bay. All whilst we are spunking our money all over the place on journeymen and players who wont be capable of SPL football next season.

I'm all for youth but I remain to be convinced that two youngsters side-by-side in front of 45,000 crazed Rangers fans would have been the answer. Gallagher beside Jig, sure. Two inexperienced guys beside each other ? I don't think I would have went that route as manager myself. Not until one of them had proven themselves beside someone with experience and I wouldn't have played them together unless the league was sewn up. Which is why I, personally, wish we had lost a game early in the campaign - it meant this whole "unbeaten in the league" stuff was irrelevant and we could wrap up the league, then start the youngsters.

I think jig has done well for us, up front. But also understand that he isn't everyone's cup of tea - the younger generations who have been used to Messi, Ronaldo, Henry, Bergkamp and Suarez type players will struggle to associate with a more physical type of player such as Jig. But going through the leagues he would have scored more than his fair share to ensure promotion - and, as you say, save us money in the process. Daly was an un-necessary luxury, IMHO. And one that wasn't even a luxurious player to have.

At the back though ? Jig will, at times, be a bomb scare this season, I am pretty sure of it. He isn't as slow as Davie Weir, but he also isn't as perceptive as Weir. Weir made up for his lack of pace by being a couple of yards faster in the brain - Jig, in my opinion, doesn't have that.

We all talk about Celtic down-sizing.... but my fear is that what they are really doing is what WE should be doing.... They KNOW that league is wrapped up before a ball is kicked, so they don't spend money they don't need to. Keep it... wait till Rangers come back up, THEN spend some of it to keep them at bay. All whilst we are spunking our money all over the place on journeymen and players who wont be capable of SPL football next season.

Yeah mate, i pretty much agree with all of that.