Gosh, i can't remember mate. I really don't know.

Early career

Weir was scouted by the University of Evansville during a schools festival in Grantham, Lincolnshire. He moved to the United States on a scholarship from 1988 to 1991.[2] Whilst in Evansville, he was converted from a centre back to a striker due to his lack of pace.[2] Weir excelled in this position, scoring 28 goals in 27 matches during his final senior year. This form lead to him being named an NCAA All-American and Midwest Collegiate Conference Player of the Year in 1990.[2][4] Weir is tied for the school record with 50 career goals and ranks second in school history with 129 career points.[4]

Incredible. Must be up there with one of Walters best ever signings. There are many highlights from his time here but the one negative that sticks out strongly is Hooper roasting him at Parkhead in the drubbing we suffered. I can't get that image of Hooper flying by him out of my head whenever i think of Weir.

Incredible. Must be up there with one of Walters best ever signings. There are many highlights from his time here but the one negative that sticks out strongly is Hooper roasting him at Parkhead in the drubbing we suffered. I can't get that image of Hooper flying by him out of my head whenever i think of Weir.

that was a one off he had hoopers measure every other time.

back pocket

Do your best to wipe it bud - because Weir was one of the best signings Walter ever made. His footballing brain was more advanced than many, many others. He made both Bougherra and Wilson better players than they could have hoped to have become on their own.

Weir was a stalwart for us, just a shame he wasn't here a little bit earlier in his career to truly cement his legend status !