Plus, I don't really enjoy seeing Jig at the back - his lack of pace will absolutely get found out.... if not this season, then next

So Jig's lack of pace wouldn't be an issue as a striker???

One of Miller's best "assets" is his pace, which folk have been welcoming back.

The main issue with Little is that he's done very little of actually impress folk. He's had a few good games, and scored a few goals but not really excited folk.

Little v Daly - I'd take Daly

Little v Miller - I'd take Little.

Good strikers can get away with not having pace, especially those who are good with their head. Gomez, Toni, Klose, Carroll etc etc

That's all well & good, but Miller is nothing but average without his pace......and that's what folk have been getting excited about.

Folk were crying out for a striker with pace!!! Complaining that Daly is too immobile etc

Jig up front is not the answer. Jig in defence is not the answer. Jig in the 1st team is not the answer.

Good strikers can get away with not having pace, especially those who are good with their head. Gomez, Toni, Klose, Carroll etc etc

i met a young dutch player years ago on holiday. he was a youth at nac breda. he was a huge lump of a lad even at 17 so i asked if he played at the back. his answer was nah i have no pace so in holland i have to be a striker.

That's all well & good, but Miller is nothing but average without his pace......and that's what folk have been getting excited about.

Folk were crying out for a striker with pace!!! Complaining that Daly is too immobile etc

Jig up front is not the answer. Jig in defence is not the answer. Jig in the 1st team is not the answer.

I would say it's more his professionalism and never say die attitude Darth.

I'm still crying out for pace, our team is horrendously slow and one paced.

There is no doubt Jigs best days are well behind him, this year should be his very last. Hopefully Barry gives him a job at Clyde next summer! :)

i met a young dutch player years ago on holiday. he was a youth at nac breda. he was a huge lump of a lad even at 17 so i asked if he played at the back. his answer was nah i have no pace so in holland i have to be a striker.

Can just imagine big Davie Weir banging them in for Ajax foiling for a young Louis Suarez! :)

So Jig's lack of pace wouldn't be an issue as a striker???

One of Miller's best "assets" is his pace, which folk have been welcoming back.

The main issue with Little is that he's done very little of actually impress folk. He's had a few good games, and scored a few goals but not really excited folk.

Little v Daly - I'd take Daly

Little v Miller - I'd take Little.

No, Jig's lack of pace doesn't have the same impact as it does up front. Not in my opinion. He can find the back of the net, knows his way to goal. You don't need to be pacy to score goals, just ask Boyd. At the back it is a different story, if faced against a pacy striker. On top of that, with little pace at the back it determines how high a line you play. With Jig you either have to play a very high line to catch them offside, or you have to play a deep line to prevent being killed by pace.

I suspect you have an anti-Miller bias in your analysis. So you would take Little & Daly over Miller ? Each to his own, but neither are as good as Miller.

You should perhaps catch up on what we were actually discussing then... I simply suggested we didn't need Daly when we had Jig. Jig was scoring for fun up front in the lower leagues - so why bring Daly in ? Keep Jig up front and bring a decent CB in....

Further, I said if we do keep Jig in the team this year then it shouldn't be at the back. If he makes a mistake back there or gets caught for pace there is a high probability it causes a goal. Same cant be said at the other end.