Little was a decent player but inconsistent.

Daly was probably keep ahead of him because he offers something different to what Clark, Little and Miller do. Little's injury record and contract status probably led to him leaving ahead of Clark.

In 7 years Little made 65 appearances & scored 33 goals (according to Wikipedia) - not a bad return

In 1 season, Daly made 34 appearances & scored 20 goals.

I think Little was a very middle of the road player, but I think Daly is the better option of the 2.

Daly has played through the middle in ALL of those games. Little often was deployed in the wide positions, making it less likely he would score.

Little's return is more impressive than Daly's for me.

He is also a better player than Daly, IMHO.

Dreadful player who will be no loss.

It amuses me seeing these negative superlatives....

I wonder what your self analysis would be as a player if Andy Little is "dreadful"

It amuses me seeing these negative superlatives....

I wonder what your self analysis would be as a player if Andy Little is "dreadful"

Andy Little is nothing more than an athletic pub team player. He found his level in the bottom tier.

Andy Little is nothing more than an athletic pub team player. He found his level in the bottom tier.

Yet has scored goals in the top tier, and played for his national side. Surely more than an "athletic pub team player" ? Either that or your pub team is pretty special.

Yet has scored goals in the top tier, and played for his national side. Surely more than an "athletic pub team player" ? Either that or your pub team is pretty special.

Realistically Andy may well be but i have my doubts, it's my opinion he is dreadful and very lucky to earn a living in the game, as are many players. He was never going to be good enough for us long term. As for scoring goals in the top tier, many poor players have.

Realistically Andy may well be but i have my doubts, it's my opinion he is dreadful and very lucky to earn a living in the game, as are many players. He was never going to be good enough for us long term. As for scoring goals in the top tier, many poor players have.

Maybe we just look at things differently.

I don't think a professional player is really a "poor player" (generally speaking, Filip Sebo apart....) - but they could be a poor player when compared to other professionals.

I have a hard time saying a professional player is "dreadful". I wouldn't even call myself a dreadful player.... so by extension I couldn't really call a pro a dreadful player.

End of the day.... I would rather have kept Little than Daly. I think Little is a better player than Daly.