Reports in the Daily Retard today saying that we're interested in signing him from Blackburn for 1 Million.

Good in the air and very physical. Just what we need.

IF TRUE and he was to come, it would be a good move for us IMO.

In saying that. Andy Todds mum would do better than the shite we have at the back at the moment. :P

He's certainly a no-nonsense defender who could sort out the back line. But who knows what rumours are true. According to the Sun, we've put in a bid for Craig Gordon.

Silly season is upon us.

Yeah, your right about it being silly season. Fingers crossed though. :)

The last thing we need to do is spend 3M on a keeper no matter how good he is...

The three most important positions we need to fill are:

Centre half,

Centre half,

and Centre half.

That's 1 position Craig, you've just repeated it twice. :thup:

I think we also need a creative midfielder, someone who can split open defences with a sublime pass eg Nakamura.

The Gordon thing would actually make sense if you look back at the way Smith managed - we always had a keeper as the basis of his team, someone who would be here for a long time and was an established number 1 at club and international level. I just don't think Gordon would want to come here and Romanov certainly wouldn't sell to us.

The Gordon thing would actually make sense if you look back at the way Smith managed - we always had a keeper as the basis of his team, someone who would be here for a long time and was an established number 1 at club and international level. I just don't think Gordon would want to come here and Romanov certainly wouldn't sell to us.

If you look back to the summer we were being linked with every French superstar under the sun and now Smith is back in charge (well, soon enough) we're being linked with all the better Scottish players (Brown, Thomson, Hartley, Quashie, Gordon).

Deja vu!!

Read that online too about Todd, also Weir.

I think id prefer Todd but either will do, we need at least one experienced defender to come in with the others.

Also read that J-Rod, Letizi and Hemdani are moving on. Quite surprised Hemdani is going tbh, unless we are getting Brown in too.

The other thing about Craig Gordon is that every Jambo I speak to says that the lad will end up in the Premiership at Arsenal or one of the other top clubs. But at the moment, Arsenal are indeed the only top 5 or so clubs who could maybe be looking to replace their keeper in the near future. The others have got established number ones and some promising young players too. So maybe Gordon doesn't have as many options down there as the Jambos would like to think.