Just been on the BBCs online sports page and noticed that Alexei Smertin is wanting a move back to UK from Moscow.

Good player. Remember playing for Chelsea a good few times.

Experienced middle of midfielder with plenty energy and quality.

Another one worth a look at if price was right IMO. :thup:

Just been on the BBCs online sports page and noticed that Alexei Smertin is wanting a move back to UK from Moscow.

Good player. Remember playing for Chelsea a good few times.

Experienced middle of midfielder with plenty energy and quality.

Another one worth a look at if price was right IMO. :thup:

I thought he was only in his mid 20's but he's 31. But like you say good player who puts in a good shift.

I think he'll go to the EPL before anywhere else though, we cant even say he's 'guarunteed champs league football' when it comes to Rangers at the moment.

Guest loyal and blue
The last thing we need to do is spend 3M on a keeper no matter how good he is...

The three most important positions we need to fill are:

Centre half,

Centre half,

and Centre half.

You are so right

exactly...

a million for a 32 year old reserve!@!

Reserve or not Steve, he's way better than anything we've got at the moment. I'll admit though, given our financial situation. A million pound for a 32 year old may be a tad too much.

Other EPL clubs sniffing around anyway. We all know what that means. More money for Blackburn and more wages for AT.

Quite surprised Hemdani is going tbh, unless we are getting Brown in too.

Think it may be something to do with his stupid comments about the 'scottish clans' winning the battle between players and PLG!! ...... the cynic in me might just say that he too is looking to desert our sinking ship!!

Think it may be something to do with his stupid comments about the 'scottish clans' winning the battle between players and PLG!! ...... the cynic in me might just say that he too is looking to desert our sinking ship!!

OR.... there may be some truth to the "cliques" rumour.

There are two ways (at least) to look at any story.

my mates todds agent and he knows nowt about it but says hes too good for us

Are you actually just lying there? This story only came about because of quotes attributed to his agent linking him with us.

Infact with this one it looks like his agent is touting him around and using us to drum up a bit of interest.