I'm not advocating any boycott as you are right it would lead to complete shutdown of the club. Just trying to point out some glaring holes in the sos strategy.

They don't appear to have any strategy at all. Now that they have given up on their futile demand for security over Ibrox in return for a few thousand ST's they appear to want it for nothing at all, other than sentiment, even although the vehicle Ibrox 1972 Ltd doesn't have any assets.

"Investment is required and is available and not only from Dave King" who hasn't been seen or heard of for months and who else pray tell us Mr Houston.

“If we do a sale and lease back agreement then our club will be paying out money over a long period of time just because this current board are way out on their own cash assessments and if we borrow against Ibrox and our club was to once again lurch in to admin then we would lose our stadium to the lender. Neither is acceptable to me as a fan.”

Utter drivel and the change from third to first person, makes it clear this is in effect a one man agenda.

The King/Gough scheme was never impressive and the way it operated did nothing to reassure those who belonged to it. How many joined? We still don't know.

It's easy to knock it but it at least tried to address the grim situation at Rangers. The alternative seems to be to hand over whatever is asked to a regime that isn't trusted, respected or liked. This doesn't seem to be much of a plan either but it allows people to believe that they are being loyal and a sense of superiority can sometimes be detected amongst those stumping up, often unquestioningly.

I believe the boycotters want what is best for Rangers, as we surely all do, but they have realised that the club is heading for a bad place and want to stop the rot. In this, they are right. What they have attempted to do though, through King and Gough, is not so much wrong as well-intentioned and misguided, however their actions have caused thousands of fans to pause for thought and hold back, so there has been a visible effect on the wider fanbase.

We are now between the devil and the deep blue sea. Stumping up to prop up a detested regime is not going to appeal to anyone whose self-respect comes higher in life's list of priorities than their football club allegiance - and this is a significant number.

People really have to grasp this. If the club has become poisoned from within, as many now believe, boycotters are as justified in their view as those who believe tickets should be bought without hesitation.

We have two camps with one thing in common. Neither knows what to do to repair Rangers. Funding a dubious regime will not fix this club, however boycotting - on its own - is not going to put things right either.

It has to be fan ownership now, which has lost its impetus due to the needless splintering of groups advocating this approach, or a millionaire buyout, which could happen tomorrow - or never.

Rangers has lost its way so badly that a desperate outcome is now a possibility. Maybe fate will lend a hand, which is what most are quietly hoping for, but even if it does, I'm not sure that we really deserve it. A more dysfunctional and incompetent support is hard to imagine.

Hildy

The alternative seems to be to hand over whatever is asked to a regime that isn't trusted, respected or liked.

That would appear to apply both ways though, would it not?

Stumping up to prop up a detested regime is not going to appeal to anyone whose self-respect comes higher in life's list of priorities than their football club allegiance

Flowery and emotionally charged words indeed, but it is not clear to me why a person can't have self respect and still support the Club they love. In what way am I and the thousands of others like me who think we have some self respect, losing that important commodity by buying a ST?

The big question now for the UoF,SoS,DK etc is where do they go from here? Their ST idea hasn't worked.

They can say what they like about the current regime but they hold the power and will continue to do so.

I don't suppose it's ever occurred to the UoF,SOS, DK etc that the current regime might actually want Rangers to be successful again at home and abroad?

The big question now for the UoF,SoS,DK etc is where do they go from here? Their ST idea hasn't worked.

They can say what they like about the current regime but they hold the power and will continue to do so.

I don't suppose it's ever occurred to the UoF,SOS, DK etc that the current regime might actually want Rangers to be successful again at home and abroad?

They should bite the bullet and start supporting the club again.

That would be totally beyond their comprehension.

What evidence is there to suggest that is even remotely plausible?

Are you referring to the various contracts which are weighted to enrich certain shareholders over the club?

Are you referring to the huge bonuses which have been written into the contracts of a trail of directors?

Are you referring to the appointment of yet another spin merchant while the DoF post remains vacant?

I could cite many other examples.

Three more weeks and it will be 120 days since the 120+ day review and we still have the likes of you and Jilted John spouting the same old pish.

The board have shown no evidence that they have the capabilities to lead the club anywhere. They are proven liars.

Hildy

That would appear to apply both ways though, would it not?

Flowery and emotionally charged words indeed, but it is not clear to me why a person can't have self respect and still support the Club they love. In what way am I and the thousands of others like me who think we have some self respect, losing that important commodity by buying a ST?

Many people, several thousand by the looks of things, believe that the club is owned by people who are out to make a fast buck in any way that they can. This, as you are no doubt aware, is the polite way of saying it.

If people are convinced that their club is not properly benefiting from their financial input, that certain personnel are overpaid and underworked, that key employees are not up to the task and that the structure of the club from top to bottom is not for for purpose, they are perfectly entitled to withdraw their support until the situation improves.

If people believe that their club is losing money due to dubious ownership, and if they keep giving it their money anyway, it becomes a triumph of loyalty over commonsense. They are effectively paying to have a club that will not fulfil its potential. This is the slow and undignified way to obscurity.

Put crudely, if people believe that they are giving money to crooks, and this is actually what many Rangers fans believe, they can hardly look themselves in the mirror and respect what they see.

You may be happy with the integrity of this regime. You may be happy to financially support it too, but you and others like you have to realise that thousands of Rangers fans hold an extremely dim view of the club's ownership and they are either struggling to support it or not supporting it at all.

When people perceive that their club is making a mug out of them, as many do, they will walk away, and the saddest part is that some will not return.