Next Gers Captain?

Craig you can only go on what PLG said as far as ferguson is concerned so we dont really know the truth. people are being very quick to judge him on PLGs passing remarks and it isnt really fair. If he was such a disruptive influence for so long then why did PLG play him?

Fair points but at no point has Barry Ferguson said he was completely blameless, which is an indication, to me at least, that he wasn't blameless. I also didn't say he was disruptive. At the same time there are also people who are very quick to judge that PLG was "working his ticket" - we will never know the truth - all I am saying is I don't think he should be captain. As for why did PLG play him when he was a disruptive influence.... maybe, just maybe, because PLG preferred to have the disruptive influence on the pitch - because even IF he was a disruptive influence there is no doubting that BF gave more fight and determination than any other player for Rangers and he was also our best player over the preceding weeks (BUT you CAN be the club's best player AND a disruptive influence at the same time). I am not saying he was but it is plausible.

Even if he is, there is still the perception he had something to do with it. Do you honestly think he makes for a good captain ? In my opinion he is our best player (in a bad team it must be said) but I don't think he is an effective captain.

Fair points but at no point has Barry Ferguson said he was completely blameless, which is an indication, to me at least, that he wasn't blameless. I also didn't say he was disruptive. At the same time there are also people who are very quick to judge that PLG was "working his ticket" - we will never know the truth - all I am saying is I don't think he should be captain. As for why did PLG play him when he was a disruptive influence.... maybe, just maybe, because PLG preferred to have the disruptive influence on the pitch - because even IF he was a disruptive influence there is no doubting that BF gave more fight and determination than any other player for Rangers and he was also our best player over the preceding weeks (BUT you CAN be the club's best player AND a disruptive influence at the same time). I am not saying he was but it is plausible.

Even if he is, there is still the perception he had something to do with it. Do you honestly think he makes for a good captain ? In my opinion he is our best player (in a bad team it must be said) but I don't think he is an effective captain.

If he picked Fergie despite him being a disruptive influence then that's more bad management from PLG. Even when people try to defend this guy he comes across badly.

If he picked Fergie despite him being a disruptive influence then that's more bad management from PLG. Even when people try to defend this guy he comes across badly.

Don't disagree - I think it is well established that PLG had poor man management skills.

However, his bad man management should not be allowed to deflect from the bad influence that BF had IF true