I'm not going to argue that 20,000+ v 36,000 is good, it isn't, but two points are worth taking into consideration:

The statement "Modest increases in season ticket numbers for 2014/15 and beyond; " is a forecast not a budget; it is quite wrong to say Rangers are budgeting on that basis.

The 36,000 was only achieved after the half price mid season sales, so it is not fair to compare where we are now with the final figure for last season.

they need a modest increase in order to retain going concern status.

it;s not a forecast at all.

sales were 32-33k at season start.

I'm not going to argue that 20,000+ v 36,000 is good, it isn't, but two points are worth taking into consideration:

The statement "Modest increases in season ticket numbers for 2014/15 and beyond; " is a forecast not a budget; it is quite wrong to say Rangers are budgeting on that basis.

The 36,000 was only achieved after the half price mid season sales, so it is not fair to compare where we are now with the final figure for last season.

You're really clutching at straws now, their budget has been blown to f*&k by the non renewal of season tickets that's crystal clear.

The 36k figure is the one given by the board when bigging themselves up, the mid season ones will have been 2k at most.

I doubt Deloittes will provide them such leeway to make such bold assumptions in the next going concern statement.

If my business's main revenue source fell by such a percentage me and by bank managers would be bricking it as would most others.

they need a modest increase in order to retain going concern status.

it;s not a forecast at all.

sales were 32-33k at season start.

It was indeed a forecast, there is no indication that Rangers were budgeting for this income.

The forecasts make key assumptions, based on information available to the Directors, around:

You're really clutching at straws now, their budget has been blown to f*&k by the non renewal of season tickets that's crystal clear.

The 36k figure is the one given by the board when bigging themselves up, the mid season ones will have been 2k at most.

I doubt Deloittes will provide them such leeway to make such bold assumptions in the next going concern statement.

If my business's main revenue source fell by such a percentage me and by bank managers would be bricking it as would most others.

1. It was NOT a budget, that was indeed "crystal clear".

2. I recall saying at the time that I could not understand how the company could make such a forecast, after enquiry, and I agree that they will have difficulty with any similar forecast in future; although the circumstances will be different.

3. On the contrary, if I expect most or a large percentage of those who haven't paid upfront to pay more to see the games on a match by match basis then I wouldn't be overjoyed but I wouldn't be sh*tting myself either. I just have to organise my cashflow accordingly.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

If Murray Park is sold, or sold and leased back within the next twelve months, who will you blame?

Will you blame the club's ownership or will you blame fellow fans for not buying season tickets?

Will you side with the board when they try to tell us that this is a good move, of will you point the finger at Rangers supporters for opting out of buying STs?

Some have been expecting this move for some time - no matter what level our ST sales were at this season.

If Murray Park is sold, or sold and leased back within the next twelve months, who will you blame?

Will you blame the club's ownership or will you blame fellow fans for not buying season tickets?

Will you side with the board when they try to tell us that this is a good move, of will you point the finger at Rangers supporters for opting out of buying STs?

Some have been expecting this move for some time - no matter what level our ST sales were at this season.

This was always their aim,IMO,regardless of how many ST are sold

It was NOT a budget, that was indeed "crystal clear".

On the contrary, if I expect most or a large percentage of those who haven't paid upfront to pay more to see the games on a match by match basis then I wouldn't be overjoyed but I wouldn't be sh*tting myself either. I just have to organise my cashflow accordingly.

Or hold a fire sale of assets, well at least the ones you didn't grant security over half way through last season when season ticket sales were 36k.

It will be one of their signatures on the bill of sale not any of ours.