Lawwell, Topping appointed to Scottish FA main board

Wednesday, 30 July 2014

The Scottish FA can confirm that both Peter Lawwell, the Celtic Chief Executive, and Ralph Topping, the Scottish Professional Football League Chairman, have been appointed to the main Board of the Scottish FA after nomination by the Professional Game Board.

Stewart Regan, Scottish FA Chief Executive: “We are delighted to welcome Ralph back to the main Board, having already benefitted from Peter’s wealth of experience in the past year. I am sure both will play key roles as we enter the next phase of our strategic plan, Scotland United: A 2020 Vision.”

Neil Doncaster, SPFL Chief Executive: “Ralph Topping will be stepping down from the William Hill Board on 1st August. He will therefore have much more time to devote to the professional game. We are delighted that Peter Lawwell and Ralph Topping have been unanimously elected by the Professional Game Board to serve the professional game on the main board of the Scottish FA.”

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=13546&newsCategoryID=1

Really surprised at this news tbh.

Why? As far as I remember, those who are elected to the PGB have a two year limit. The PGB is allowed to vote a member onto the main board of the SFA .

A person cannot hold a position on both boards at the same time. Natural progression for our 'Petey'.

They are all there now. Cosy Cabal, so to speak.

Why? As far as I remember, those who are elected to the PGB have a two year limit. The PGB is allowed to vote a member onto the main board of the SFA .

A person cannot hold a position on both boards at the same time. Natural progression for our 'Petey'.

They are all there now. Cosy Cabal, so to speak.

Lol. I was joking mate. :)

' Peter's wealth of experience ' LOL they're having' a laugh now aren't they?

What's Liewell ever done for the benefit of Scottish football ? He's only there to look after Shelliks interests. Nothing else.

We've a derisory TV deal which he and Dumbcaster signed a couple of years ago and the SPFL still cannot get a sponsor.

The professional game in this country is on it's deathbed and desperately needs injections of finance from somewhere.

It's time for club chairmen to wake up and start asking the SFA and SPFL proper questions about where the game in this country is heading. Let's start the ball rolling please Mr Somers.....

There must have been a change to the SFA Articles then because according to the version I have the PGB only elects one member to the Main SFA Board as does the non Professional Game Board.

Although I do seem to remember something about that at the AGM.