I think that if you're after good football and not interested results then why support Rangers - a club more renowned for winning stuff than its good football?

Maybe part of it is that you might be Scottish but the fact is that there are few sides in Scottish football that have been known for highly entertaining football, it's always been a place where it's "played at 100 mph" and in a robust manner. The Scottish leagues have 42 clubs that garner support from the indigenous population, to go out and watch this "torture". However, only the fans of a couple of clubs have the luxury and compensation of winning most weeks.

Some people are always strangely pointing out how much better other clubs are and given critical reasons for this - so I keep asking them to try to pretend to support any of these clubs for a month or two, and I guarantee that you'll find that the same type things happen, the football is the same or worse, and the exact same criticism applies. Even if you choose Celtic (who seem more admired on here by some than Rangers), they have just been totally pumped in Europe by a Polish team.

I also asked people to predict an exemplar team to watch this season for the type of football they want along with good results, and got no takers. It all much easier to do it in hindsight. But then people were predicting Rangers would struggle in the league last season as it would be a step up from the one before. They were 100% wrong and so now the volume on the complaints about the football has to be turned up to justify their negativity.

Care to point me out all the champions league winners who have been incapable of performing to a high level and retaining possession?

Hoofing the ball might work in Scotland because it's a dire league. It's why we get embarrassed constantly against anyone half decent in Europe and internationally. As soon as a Scottish team comes up against any side with a shred of tactical awareness and technique, it's a lost cause.

I'm after seeing a Rangers side that is worthy of being named as such. Like in 02/03 when we played excellent football and won the treble.

PS - You also seem to struggle with the fact that outside the old firm everyone in Scotland is absolutely skint. Clubs literally hardly ever pay any fee at all for signing players. It's all youth development, freebies and very nominal fees, often buying players from the bottom end of the English leagues.

Loads of teams manage to win things without hoofing the ball constantly.

How about the following: take yourself a pencil and watch an EPL game or two over the weekend and note down any "hoof" of the ball (or what you deem a "hoof" when we play the ball forward). And do the same for our game tomorrow or against Falkirk. You will most likely be surprised that we don't "hoof" the ball any more often than other teams do.

How about the following: take yourself a pencil and watch an EPL game or two over the weekend and note down any "hoof" of the ball (or what you deem a "hoof" when we play the ball forward). And do the same for our game tomorrow or against Falkirk. You will most likely be surprised that we don't "hoof" the ball any more often than other teams do.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wow just wow.

What a bunch of hoofters!

Db i'm sure if you watch a number of said games you will find many forward going balls. Analyse how many of these are played forward to players making runs and getting into positions to capitilise on these and then note the "hoof" that is the iamless punt because there is either low competence in the players or lack of tactical system of play. F me db 13 year old boys club players "get it"!!!

Wow just wow.

I take it that you'll do that now.

@ pmu ... I know what you refer to and I doubt that our professional players just blast the ball up the field without looking. Which is not to say that they can't do better, BTW. The latter has to do with their (lack of) quality though. Incidentily, I watched part of Sarajevo vs Mönchengladbach last night and thought what folk like our boarders would deem some of the passes and balls up the park like. And here we are.

Even allowing for the fact it's the most turgid big league around the football on display in the EPL is light years away from ours.

Agree with this 100%. There are several sides that play heavily possession based football though and even the likes of Palace and Stoke play much better than we do.

I think DB takes a lot of hallucinogenics when watching us because his opinion is never based on reality.