Sometimes I question whether you are a troll.

As Frankie says above - we struggled against the likes of Clyde over the last couple of seasons. The fact we managed to hammer them 8-1 IMO shows we are moving forward - albeit very slowly.

I think its a stretching it a bit to say we have moved forward. What this result has done is set down a marker in supporter expectations. It WONT be 8 -1 every week but that is the manner we should be dispatching 90% of opposition in championship. If a corner was turned in terms of allys input then we can expect more of the same. If it was just a flash in the pan then nowt changes.

I think its a stretching it a bit to say we have moved forward. What this result has done is set down a marker in supporter expectations. It WONT be 8 -1 every week but that is the manner we should be dispatching 90% of opposition in championship. If a corner was turned in terms of allys input then we can expect more of the same. If it was just a flash in the pan then nowt changes.

Our other competitive games so far this season show we have made no progress whatsoever.

It's quite easy to make things click when you have a squad earning nigh on £10m and are playing one of the worst teams in world football.

Saying that Clyde are one of the worst teams in world football is straight out of the same school of thought as saying stuff like "McCoist is the worst football manager ever" or even the scaled down version "Ally is the worst football manager in Scotland".

The school of thought is called "Total Nonsense".

Saying that Clyde are one of the worst teams in world football is straight out of the same school of thought as saying stuff like "McCoist is the worst football manager ever" or even the scaled down version "Ally is the worst football manager in Scotland".

Would you say we have the worst board in the world?

Who is a poorer manager than McCoist? Genuinely interested to know because I can't think of anyone that has looked so incompetent. Given I have yet to see anyone on here provide a single positive about his managerial capability, I suggest there is little point debating in semantics.

With regard to Clyde, clearly I was talking about proper leagues, not amateur leagues, juveniles etc. You would be hard pushed to find many other mainstream leagues as poor as the Scottish fourth tier.

Would you say we have the worst board in the world?

No, I wouldn't say that because I tend not to make daft statements that aren't based in reality and can't be proven with verifiable facts.

No, I wouldn't say that because I tend not to make daft statements that aren't based in reality and can't be proven with verifiable facts.

A very sensible measured answer. I'm sure use of "worst in world" etc is not literal but just to emphasise Clyde/Ally wallowing in lower performance bracket!

Sidenote, we played Clyde 4 times in 2012/13 with probably one of the lowest quality Rangers sides in living memory. So to quash a bit of history-bending ... we seemed to have liked them:

28 Oct - A - 2-0

26 Dec - H - 3-0

16 Feb - A - 4-1

13 Apr - H - 2-0

4 games, 11-1 goals ... and at the end of the day, job done. We didn't "like" other teams that much, of course. BTW, I noted that Falkirk managed a 2-1 away win against Dunfermline last night, so we get a measure where they stand.

On paper we should beat these teams comfortably. It remains the case though that paper don't take to the field.

Who is a poorer manager than McCoist? Genuinely interested to know because I can't think of anyone that has looked so incompetent. Given I have yet to see anyone on here provide a single positive about his managerial capability, I suggest there is little point debating in semantics.

With regard to Clyde, clearly I was talking about proper leagues, not amateur leagues, juveniles etc. You would be hard pushed to find many other mainstream leagues as poor as the Scottish fourth tier.

Whether or not he's the worst manager in the world isn't important. He probably isn't. All that matters is that he doesn't have the ability to manage Rangers. I must admit that appointing someone who had (a) been out of football for a while and (b) who had never been in charge of a team, worried me from the outset.

Who is a poorer manager than McCoist? Genuinely interested to know because I can't think of anyone that has looked so incompetent.

TBH, I think it's a completely ridiculous question which barely even warrants or merits discussion and yet somehow you keep repeating this stuff as if it does merit discussion, so I'm left thinking that you must be at the wind-up or something.

There's very few managers in Scotland who I'd rather have managing Rangers at the moment than Ally McCoist. Yes, there's a handful (guys like McInnes, McColl etc) who might, just possibly, be an improvement on Ally, but we're not talking about that many who would be worth replacing him with and taking a punt on.

Now, that's just Scottish football I'm talking about, so when you start taking English managers into account too, then there must be a lengthy list of muppets out there who wouldn't be suitable replacements for Ally in any way.

It's too late to turn back the clock to when we started at the bottom, so we are where we are and despite his failings and shortcomings Ally thoroughly deserves the chance to keep managing the team, at least until he fails to win a league title.