Are you for real? He just needs to go back to TV work. He's no manager and never will be.

Maybe he could go back to tv and we could get a straight swap and have Claire Balding as manager. She has as much qualifications for the job as McCoist had when he was gifted it.

And one thing is for sure, she will not sell herself to the top man for a million penny shares or 30 pieces of silver.

Way may have a job holding on to her if she is successful though, she will probably jump the dyke at the first opportunity.

I'll say it again - McCoist is going nowhere anytime soon. That is not a situation I look forward to like most on here.

People wanting shot off him need to ask who would fire him? Our beleaguered board seem terrified to do anything or say anything.Ally wont walk because lets face where else would he get a salary and perks like he's got at Rangers?

Maybe he could go back to tv and we could get a straight swap and have Claire Balding as manager. She has as much qualifications for the job as McCoist had when he was gifted it.

And one thing is for sure, she will not sell herself to the top man for a million penny shares or 30 pieces of silver.

Way may have a job holding on to her if she is successful though, she will probably jump the dyke at the first opportunity.

I thought at the time he'd served a decent apprenticeship for a good few years under Smith and it probably made sense to promote him and give him his chance.

Not i should add at the wage he was given - an obscenity.

However, it was apparent VERY early on he was going to be a disaster and so it has proved.

I thought at the time he'd served a decent apprenticeship for a good few years under Smith and it probably made sense to promote him and give him his chance.

However, it was apparent VERY early on he was going to be a disaster and so it has proved.

I think 2 questions need answered regards Ally:-

1) how to remove him and what would that cost?

2) who would replace him and what would that cost?

I think 2 questions need answered regards Ally:-

1) how to remove him and what would that cost?

2) who would replace him and what would that cost?

One year's wages so 400K plus whatever durrant and mcdowell are on. Best part of 750K?

Who replaces? that is the million dollar question.

I wouldn't trust this board to find anyone decent, just cheaper.

Way back when this all started i'd have gotten Jimmy Nicholl good Rangers man and experience of the lower leagues and would have cost about a tenth of mccoist has.

One year's wages so 400K plus whatever durrant and mcdowell are on. Best part of 750K?

Who replaces? that is the million dollar question.

I wouldn't trust this board to find anyone decent, just cheaper.

Way back when this all started i'd have gotten Jimmy Nicholl good Rangers man and experience of the lower leagues and would have cost about a tenth of mccoist has.

Probably more and that's just for McCoist.

Anyway, Rangers men taking even more money out the club after all the damage they have done? Not a chance mate. I am sure all 3 would walk for free. Perhaps someone could ask them in person if they would want a pay off to leave Rangers.

I remember McCoist doing television work and he tended to answer those rare specific questions with bland generalisations. It crossed my mind that he lacked insight but as he was clearly a bright guy, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, he seems to bring nothing of himself to the job. He is a carbon copy of his teacher. At times it's almost as though Walter Smith never went away. If Smith was still here, I think the call for change would be just as loud. People are sick of awful football and Smith was the main architect of it. McCoist is merely continuing on that same road.

A clean break is required and a fresh face is needed to deliver better football than we've seen in a long time. Sticking with current methods is no longer an option.

Probably more and that's just for McCoist.

Anyway, Rangers men taking even more money out the club after all the damage they have done? Not a chance mate. I am sure all 3 would walk for free. Perhaps someone could ask them in person if they would want a pay off to leave Rangers.

How anyone let alone Rangers men could 800K a year PLUS bonus for managing in the Third Division is beyond me.

I thought he'd taken a 50% pay cut?

I remember McCoist doing television work and he tended to answer those rare specific questions with bland generalisations. It crossed my mind that he lacked insight but as he was clearly a bright guy, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, he seems to bring nothing of himself to the job. He is a carbon copy of his teacher. At times it's almost as though Walter Smith never went away. If Smith was still here, I think the call for change would be just as loud. People are sick of awful football and Smith was the main architect of it. McCoist is merely continuing on that same road.

A clean break is required and a fresh face is needed to deliver better football than we've seen in a long time. Sticking with current methods is no longer an option.

Agree with every word of that.

How anyone let alone Rangers men could 800K a year PLUS bonus for managing in the Third Division is beyond me.

I thought he'd taken a 50% pay cut?

Its all a bit of a mystery but i would bet that his wage cut is linked to him staying on as manager. Prob reverts to full amount if he gets the bullet. To ice the cake they prob have to pay his previous cut as well if goes. It has a whiff of "onerous contract" about it