I think 2 questions need answered regards Ally:-

1) how to remove him and what would that cost?

2) who would replace him and what would that cost?

maybe the more pressing question would be, what will be the cost of not removing him. Unless there is the managerial equivalent of a hat-trick in extra time, we will be looking at starting next season with a team that is no further forward in any department than it is now. At some point we all have to accept that the McCoist experiment has failed. Ally deserved his chance and he has been given it. Now it's time to move on. We don't need Davie Moyes right now, we need somebody like Stuart McCall or Derek McInnes to give us some direction and something to build from.

maybe the more pressing question would be, what will be the cost of not removing him. Unless there is the managerial equivalent of a hat-trick in extra time, we will be looking at starting next season with a team that is no further forward in any department than it is now. At some point we all have to accept that the McCoist experiment has failed. Ally deserved his chance and he has been given it. Now it's time to move on. We don't need Davie Moyes right now, we need somebody like Stuart McCall or Derek McInnes to give us some direction and something to build from.

Not Stuart McCall.

Not Derek McInnes.

Both are easy and lazy options. We need new blood, new ideas, fresh faces and a different approach. Anyone associated with Rangers in the last twenty years should automatically be blackballed.

Can you imagine McCall getting the gig and Smith returning at some point as a director and giving him the benefit of his advice?

We need the old ways incinerated and the usual suspects ignored.

We need a strong figure who is his own man who believes in a brand of football that is worth paying good money to see. Ideally, he will never have been employed by Rangers before.

I remember McCoist doing television work and he tended to answer those rare specific questions with bland generalisations. It crossed my mind that he lacked insight but as he was clearly a bright guy, I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately, he seems to bring nothing of himself to the job. He is a carbon copy of his teacher. At times it's almost as though Walter Smith never went away. If Smith was still here, I think the call for change would be just as loud. People are sick of awful football and Smith was the main architect of it. McCoist is merely continuing on that same road.

A clean break is required and a fresh face is needed to deliver better football than we've seen in a long time. Sticking with current methods is no longer an option.

I couldn't agree more.

I thought we would see a team with a bit of a "have a go", optimistic outlook.

One up front in Div3 - just unbelievable really.

I often wonder what the incumbent board's collective views are on Ally McCoist as Rangers manager.

For example do they think he's doing a good job? Do they think what we watch week in week out is an acceptable standard for Rangers? Will we get promoted back to the top division next season? If we do will Ally McCoist be able to improve things to such an extent we challenge for the title?

Many, many more questions I'm quite sure

I regularly hear and read fans saying what he just said. I'm pretty sure Pete was pro the manager recently, though having re-read this sober clearly he was trolling.

I wasn't really trolling although I am a bit of a sarcastic chappy. I have never been pro McCoist as i never thought he should have been Rangers manager in the first place. I will never hope a Rangers manager fails though. What I wrote was what McCoist said in his interview after the Falkirk game. He is talking to Mr Wallace about bringing in some players and he has noted the areas where we need strengthened. It looks like Mr Wallace may be talking to Mr Ashly though so as he can sign off his own bonus .

Not Stuart McCall.

Not Derek McInnes.

Both are easy and lazy options. We need new blood, new ideas, fresh faces and a different approach. Anyone associated with Rangers in the last twenty years should automatically be blackballed.

If you've been associated with Rangers over the past two decades you should be ignored? So we can rule out the de Boers and Henning Berg, then? Better easy and lazy than blinkered and stupid, I'd say.

McCall and McInnes have both been successful and have both managed to get a silk purse out of a sow's ear. McCall in particular has shown great talent in finding and molding talent, working on a shoestring budget and being able to rebuild teams when his best players are sold and both of them have managed to turn teams into units, particularly in the case of McInnes, so neither of those would be either easy or lazy options.

"We need the old ways incinerated " - care to explain how the football played by either McInnes or McCall's teams is a reflection of "the old ways".

We needa manager who is able to take what we have, stop the rot and make something of it from which we can build while there is still time. Sweeping statements about "twenty years", "old ways" and "usual suspects" are just , well, easy and lazy.

If you've been associated with Rangers over the past two decades you should be ignored? So we can rule out the de Boers and Henning Berg, then? Better easy and lazy than blinkered and stupid, I'd say.

McCall and McInnes have both been successful and have both managed to get a silk purse out of a sow's ear. McCall in particular has shown great talent in finding and molding talent, working on a shoestring budget and being able to rebuild teams when his best players are sold and both of them have managed to turn teams into units, particularly in the case of McInnes, so neither of those would be either easy or lazy options.

"We need the old ways incinerated " - care to explain how the football played by either McInnes or McCall's teams is a reflection of "the old ways".

We needa manager who is able to take what we have, stop the rot and make something of it from which we can build while there is still time. Sweeping statements about "twenty years", "old ways" and "usual suspects" are just , well, easy and lazy.

The easy solution for Rangers fans is too often to select a Rangers-minded manager from not too far away and put him in the frame. I believe McInnes finished third last year in a division with no Rangers in it after an unremarkable period in England, and his team was gubbed 3-0 at home last week by Dundee United - the same United that a recently humiliated Celtic took six off yesterday. This is a recommendation?

For too much of the last twenty years Rangers has been managed by men who prefer safety-first football instead of coaching their sides to be constructive, hungry for possession, and deadly. Many of those who played under Smith should be kept at a safe distance in case they continue with his methods at Ibrox - just as Ally McCoist has done.

Admittedly, Henning Berg looks like he could be an exception, but the point still stands. We need to remove Rangers from the 'drinks together wins together' gang and seek out new blood. It is too risky to bring in another Smith disciple. McCoist has already been one too many.