I can assure you, we aren’t looking solely at Hearts and Hibs. I can absolutely assure everyone there will be points dropped throughout the season against clubs of quality like Dumbarton, Falkirk, Raith Rovers and Queen of the South and teams like that.

Can you imagine a Mourinho or Ferguson type speaking in such a pathetic, defeatist, cowardly way.

Nobody is going to accept not winning the league this season though and that's what we're going to have to judge him on, whether we like it or not.

I know. I'm still less concerned about him than I am about those above him. By a long way.

Nobody is going to accept not winning the league this season though and that's what we're going to have to judge him on, whether we like it or not.

It's just a shame we always seem to be a reactive club that does nothing till it's in impending doom. Actually scratch that, we seem to do nothing until we are blown to bits.

A win's a win.

Isn't that what they say after an unsatisfactory performance? It's a big win too because it gets us off the mark and takes the heat off Ally McCoist.

It really is a dreadful experience watching Rangers and I can well understand people finding something else to do when we are playing at Ibrox - or even live on television.

We labour our way through games and hope that a physical edge will tip the balance in our favour. It is unsophisticated and brutal to watch but when it delivers the points, the manager feels vindicated.

I expect Rangers to have enough in the way of resources to win this division, but if we don't, it won't be a shock for thousands of Rangers fans. Everyone knows now how limited and ordinary we are.

McCoist's a coward now? Man, one could get the impression you just want to test the limits here ... very sad indeed.

He is. He fears our opposition no matter how lowly.

In the 3rd division he played Faure at center mid because the opposition had a big striker.

Literally unbelievable