McCoist's a coward now? Man, one could get the impression you just want to test the limits here ... very sad indeed.

I never said that. You push a lot of limits yourself.

For the avoidance of doubt, I think McCoist's managerial approach to football is cowardly.

We should be showing how huge a club we are in these lower divisions by putting on a spectacle. Instead it seems to be the opposition showing us how to play football. What we play isn't football, it's revolting.

I thought Ally got his tactics spot on tonight. Let Falkirk run all there youthfull legs off aginst our older brigade then when they are running out of steam hit them with a couple of fresh youthful legs. Well thought out and out of the van Gaal book of experteese. Good thinking from the Rangers coaching team.

I thought Ally got his tactics spot on tonight. Let Falkirk run all there youthfull legs off aginst our older brigade then when they are running out of steam hit them with a couple of fresh youthful legs. Well thought out and out of the van Gaal book of experteese. Good thinking from the Rangers coaching team.

A hint of sarcasm do I detect Pete :D

LAST weekend’s debut by 16-year-old Tom Walsh for Rangers against Stirling Albion proved that there’s never been a better time to be a young player at Ibrox.

Sat, December 15, 2012

However, manager Ally McCoist argues that Celtic’s kids also owe a debt of gratitude to their Old Firm rivals – because he claims they will also be getting first-team action they wouldn’t have sampled if the Light Blues had still been in the SPL.

McCoist had already thrown in 20-yeaer-olds Darren Cole, Chris Hegarty and Kai Naismith, 18-year-olds Robbie Crawford and Lewis Macleod, and 17-year-old Fraser Aird and Barrie McKay in at the deep end this season before Walsh appeared on the scene.

So far this season Joe Chalmers, 18, and Jackson Irvine, 19, have made their first appearances for the Hoops while Tony Watt, 18, and Dylan McGeouch, 19, have made a bigger impression than before for Neil Lennon’s side, and McCoist reckons that’s down to Rangers’ absence.

“Without a doubt. I believe the fact that we are not in the SPL would certainly help Celtic blood youngsters as well,” he said.

“By that I mean I expect them to win the league and I think us not being in the division releases a pressure off them.

“It gives them a bit of leeway to bring through young players.”

McCoist expects to introduce even more young Scots as the season progresses as the Murray Park conveyor belt shows no sign of slowing up.

“It’s great, especially after the year we’ve had,” he said. “The boost we all get – including the senior players like Lee McCulloch, Lee Wallace and Neil Alexander – seeing a 16-year-old kid coming in is fantastic.

“Obviously, I think about the kid himself but also about his parents, sitting proudly in the stand watching their boy.

“In youth teams you get good batches and we have some right good kids coming through just now.

“We’ll actively be encouraging them and I know Jimmy Sinclair and the boys in the youth department have their tails wagging just now.

“Our boys got knocked out of the Youth Cup by Kilmarnock and all of them – especially the coaches – were down in the dumps.

“But I told them it’s not about that. Would you rather be winning that game 3-1 but not getting any players in the first team?

“Or getting beat 5-1 and having four guys in the first team? It’s a no-brainer for me.”

Found this old article.

What the hell happened to that theory?

This now looks like little more than McCoist massaging his own ego in the press. He has reverted back to the same method that his predecessor preferred - buying solid, safe, hard to beat 'old heads' and to hell with the nurturing of "the good batch of kids" that he has.

It is both depressing and infuriating.

I hate to say it, but at times last night I got more excited when Falkirk were on the attack....they had pace & movement and actually made things happen.

I thought our game vastly improved in the last 10 mins - we started to play well, and with a purpose.

Mohsni was a complete bomb scare, and considering we had 5 defenders on the pitch, Falkirk had far too many attempts at goal.