If we hadn't been demoted Ally would have been sacked 2 years ago never to be employed in football again.

for the board.

I think you're right about Ally spending more time with his family if we hadn't been demoted. I think you're wrong that he would never find another job in football.

I also think Ally is a bastion against those who would bleed us dry because I believe he is one of us.

Paradoxically (if that's a word !) I think the board want to keep him because he's a lightning rod that avoids electrocution for the board.

for the board.

I think you're right about Ally spending more time with his family if we hadn't been demoted. I think you're wrong that he would never find another job in football.

I also think Ally is a bastion against those who would bleed us dry because I believe he is one of us.

Paradoxically (if that's a word !) I think the board want to keep him because he's a lightning rod that avoids electrocution for the board.

1 million penny shares and £800k per annum suggests he's as big a bleed on us as anyone else.

for the board.

Allowing himself to be bribed by Green with one million shares at a penny a pop, together with the clumsy attempts to hide his lucrative salary makes it difficult to get behind this 'one of us' talk.

He has been useful to the board/investors, but it's now a case of them being unable to sack him even if they wanted to. They simply can't afford to pay him off.

for the board.

He's propped up disastrous board after disastrous board.

They own him

If we hadn't been demoted Ally would have been sacked 2 years ago never to be employed in football again.

The question would be "why?" This is just making it up. I could just as easily say that if Murray hadn't sold the club, Ally would have won the SPL. In fact that's considerably more likely than him getting sacked.

He certainly looked reasonably capable under the dreadful Whyte period until the shenanigans started to kick in. Even if he'd finished a close second, which he looked well capable of, that would have been reasonable considering he's a new manager against a bigger budget - which is the usually stick to beat him with when he plays teams with smaller budgets.

Like I keep saying, if Ally is that bad then why do people have to make stuff up to demonise him with?