Agree with Tannochsidebear and Bluedell. Best of luck to the big man!

My first thought at seeing the news was actually that this is a cracking opportunity for him because Genk are a team who regularly feature in Europe.

Interesting to note that he'll be reunited with Thomas Buffel. :)

Good luck to Big Eck, gave us some of our best days as a Bear in the last 30 years, like the OF cup Final of 2002. (Lovenkrands last minute winner), the treble in 2003, Helicopter Sunday and getting through group stage of CL.

Yes there were bad times too, our longest non-winning run, a bad run of defeats in OF games, Zizkov etc but given he was having his best players sold and no money for replacements I think history shows his tenure at Ibrox as a success.

Bad times?

Viktoria Zizkov with a team of top internationalists, third in a two team league, 3 months without a win, record losses to Celtic, about 95% absolute shite signings. The later years with him were absolutely miserable and many were hoping we'd get beat just to get put out of our misery.

After us he took Birmingham to two relegations with their worst win completion rate in 26 years and Aston Villa's worst ever manager by a mile with an utterly dismal 21% rate. Forest soon saw what a mistake they made.

Big Eck is a fucking useless manager. When I say anyone but Ally I should rephrase it and say anyone but the pair of them.

PS - Don't get me wrong. He did excellently in his first 18 months with us but it was with Advocaat's team. When he gets his own players in all hell breaks loose.

I honestly find it incredible some fans think remotely favourably about him. Such short, short memories. His next job will be in the SPL if he's lucky.

I think you have to analyse his record closely during his four and a half years.

He won seven trophies:- two titles, two Scottish cups and three league cups.

Five of them came in his first eighteen months with basically Advocaat's team.

He won two trophies in the next three years:- one league cup and,of course, helicopter sunday.

I thought some of the football during those three years was absolute torture until Ally became manager when I fully realised what it is like to watch sub standard football for a Rangers side.

Give big Eck his due though, he knew his time was up and he went. Mr McCoist take note

I don't have to analyse his record. If I wanted to come down on a Rangers man I could, but what's the point. I have good memories and not so good ones. I prefer to concentrate on the good ones for a decent big guy.

It's too easy these days to be negative for no reason and some (not you) seem to take pleasure in it.

I don't have to analyse his record. If I wanted to come down on a Rangers man I could, but what's the point. I have good memories and not so good ones. I prefer to concentrate on the good ones for a decent big guy.

It's too easy these days to be negative for no reason and some (not you) seem to take pleasure in it.

Such a shame so many would rather dwell on the negative than enjoy the positive.

I'm with Bluedell on this. The good days were oh so good. I find it surprising that the credit gets taken away because it was mainly Advocaats team. Does nobody remember that Advocaats got sacked for a reason, namely that that great team of his couldn't win anything and he had lost the dressing room, and Oneill had his number, leading to the scums only treble in my lifetime.

Eck came in and turned that around almost immediately and put MON in his place while we were downsizing and the tims were not.

Walters teams played great football for maybe 3 years out of his entire time in charge, Advocaats team were a joy to watch for 2 years, Ecks team was very good for 18 months, but all three had long spells when the quality was rubbish.

If bears prefer to dwell on the negative when looking back so be it, but I prefer to give good Rangers men like Eck a break they earned and deserve.

Also think about the positives and not the negatives, difficult to get through life just focussing on that side of life. will never forget being in the Madrigal, after a crazy game at Ibrox thinking we had little chance and watching a great goal from the enigma Lovenkrands and thinking we could make it to the last eight, they equalise and then, my middle age mind now forgetting, our Scottish CF of the moment, missing a late sitter, which would have taken us into the last eight. It'll come to me in an hour or so, but Eck was a good man, he did inherit a team, was the first of the stream lined budget managers, he brought us some great memories.

Hope it goes well Big Man, a true Ranger.