If the RST can be dismissed in such easy fashion - what on earth would we say about Rangers itself?

If a few mistakes, whatever they were, mean that the RST can't be trusted, it seems logical then that Rangers can't be trusted for the errors of its board, and if that is the case, we shouldn't be handing over our money to it.

And if trust is such an issue, can we support a splinter group from the RST - Rangers First?

If someone on here states that they don't trust the RST, who is it they don't trust and why is it they don't trust them?

If an organisation can be dismissed as easily as this for past errors or misjudgements, I would imagine that the same standard will be applied to Rangers itself.

If there is an allegation to make about the current RST board, let it be made.

There's a distinct lack of trust for RFC because of its poor-to-mediocre performance in recent years.

Rightly or wrongly there's a similar lack of faith in the RST (and other fan groups for that matter) because these groups have had similar issues to contend with; arguably over a longer period as well. Thus, while I think barca72 has perhaps been rather gratuitous in his criticism, the lack of success for our fan groups is worth discussing.

Personally I'm glad we have two share ownership schemes (three if we count the VB one which I don't know anything about other than it exists) but I'd say having multiple options is perhaps counter-productive than helpful in terms of turning fan ownership into a majority subject than a minority one.

Even on this forum (which I think is less antagonistic than others) we have clear splits in opinion surrounding the three schemes above. Extrapolate that feeling out into the wider support then we have an obvious problem with trust. A problem that has caused severe issues for our support in recent years.

There's a distinct lack of trust for RFC because of its poor-to-mediocre performance in recent years.

Rightly or wrongly there's a similar lack of faith in the RST (and other fan groups for that matter) because these groups have had similar issues to contend with; arguably over a longer period as well. Thus, while I think barca72 has perhaps been rather gratuitous in his criticism, the lack of success for our fan groups is worth discussing.

Personally I'm glad we have two share ownership schemes (three if we count the VB one which I don't know anything about other than it exists) but I'd say having multiple options is perhaps counter-productive than helpful in terms of turning fan ownership into a majority subject than a minority one.

Even on this forum (which I think is less antagonistic than others) we have clear splits in opinion surrounding the three schemes above. Extend that feeling out into the wider support then we have an obvious problem with trust. A problem that has caused severe issues for our support in recent years.

Not trusting an organisation hints more at issues of integrity than performance.

Could the RST have performed better in recent years? Of course it could. Could the Rangers support have performed better? Absolutely. I am happy to speak as I find, and in my view the Rangers support has been completely inadequate in addressing the many problems that have overtaken us. As a support, we have been outed as being borderline hopeless.

I look around at the various groups and see a support that has ceased to be a functioning support, but when I make the case publicly, I see accusations of negativity from the same person who happily dismisses the RST as being an organisation that he doesn't trust.

Let him make his own case - is his lack of trust in the RST about performance - or integrity?

If the RST can be dismissed in such easy fashion - what on earth would we say about Rangers itself?

If a few mistakes, whatever they were, mean that the RST can't be trusted, it seems logical then that Rangers can't be trusted for the errors of its board, and if that is the case, we shouldn't be handing over our money to it.

And if trust is such an issue, can we support a splinter group from the RST - Rangers First?

If someone on here states that they don't trust the RST, who is it they don't trust and why is it they don't trust them?

If an organisation can be dismissed as easily as this for past errors or misjudgements, I would imagine that the same standard will be applied to Rangers itself.

If there is an allegation to make about the current RST board, let it be made.

If there is a lack of trust surrounding any organisation, then it will struggle to attract members/customers, and it will be a long, slow process to regain that trust.

I can't think of anyone involved in Rangers over the past few years who I would trust implicitly, so you could have picked a better example to make your point.

Not trusting an organisation hints more at issues of integrity than performance.

Could the RST have performed better in recent years? Of course it could. Could the Rangers support have performed better? Absolutely. I am happy to speak as I find, and in my view the Rangers support has been completely inadequate in addressing the many problems that have overtaken us. As a support, we have been outed as being borderline hopeless.

I look around at the various groups and see a support that has ceased to be a functioning support, but when I make the case publicly, I see accusations of negativity from the same person who happily dismisses the RST as being an organisation that he doesn't trust.

Let him make his own case - is his lack of trust in the RST about performance - or integrity?

Is this a recruitment drive? :P

I can't answer for anyone other than myself but in general I'd say it's a combination of performance and integrity. Same as with the club.

I'd also like to say that I sympathise with may of the fan groups as I know how difficult it is to overcome the apathy surrounding such matters.

Is this a recruitment drive? :P

You'll note that I'm talking about the Rangers support being hopeless - and that includes all of us.

The only ray of hope is the RST which has a vision of fan ownership and an understanding that wholesale change is necessary.

You'll note that I'm talking about the Rangers support being hopeless - and that includes all of us.

The only ray of hope is the RST which has a vision of fan ownership and an understanding that wholesale change is necessary.

What you say is very commendable, but until the RST can galvanise the majority of the support to agree with you, you are pissing in the wind. If they succeed in doing so, it will be an impressive turnaround.

Edited by Rangersitis
Struggle to differentiate between pissing and passing. Come and get me, Ally

What you say is very commendable, but until the RST can galvanise the majority of the support to agree with you, you are passing in the wind. If they succeed in doing so, it will be an impressive turnaround.

The RST has already had commendable success, and while it is well short of achieving its goal of fan ownership, the concept that is fan ownership is now part of the vocabulary of the Rangers support.

The RST made that happen - no-one else. A long road is still to be travelled, but the fan ownership message is beginning to penetrate.

This is progress - not enough - but progress nonetheless.

I can't answer for anyone other than myself but in general I'd say it's a combination of performance and integrity. Same as with the club.

I'd also like to say that I sympathise with may of the fan groups as I know how difficult it is to overcome the apathy surrounding such matters.

It's not just apathy.

The Rangers support expects the right sort to always step forward, and if there is no obvious candidate, it is lost.

Look at the blame attached to supposedly wealthy fans who didn't 'step up'. This has been the expectation, and when there is no-one prepared to do it, the club attracts fast buck ownership and quickly unravels.

Someone said on here recently that the fans should watch the team while the board(uninivited) gets on with properly running the club. This attitude belongs in the distant past.

Rangers cannot properly function when it is the fast buck tool of people who have no real affection for it.

The only way for the fans to safeguard Rangers Football Club is to buy it - and that's where the RST comes in.

It recognised over ten years ago what more are coming round to now.