Just to be clear, I don't think we need to merge the two schemes - just ensure both are singing from the same hymn sheet in terms of one bloc.

For example (and I appreciate this may be simplistic) both groups should meet, agree 2 or 3 aims with regard to current events and then have a press conference to encourage fans to proxy their holding in order to achieve a meaningful bloc vote.

I'd suggest that would get 'us' the 5% quicker than anything else.

Just to be clear, I don't think we need to merge the two schemes - just ensure both are singing from the same hymn sheet in terms of one bloc.

For example (and I appreciate this may be simplistic) both groups should meet, agree 2 or 3 aims with regard to current events and then have a press conference to encourage fans to proxy their holding in order to achieve a meaningful bloc vote.

I'd suggest that would get 'us' the 5% quicker than anything else.

Sorry, I should have been clearer here. I did mention a coalition on another thread.

Well that's down to the members of both organisations to decide - OMOV

I would need to understand the proposal. RF is about buying as a means to getting ACT where as BR is about pure FO from my understanding so which one would take precedence?

I think they are two different vehicles that offer choice. I assume we will all vote in similar ways at the GM

ACT?

Perhaps you should explain this.

Those who resigned from their posts on the RST board. If I am mistaken in thinking that any of them are now involved in RF, please accept my sincere apologies.

I would rather stay out of that stuff. I have heard both sides of the reasonings for leaving the RST and I don't have anything to say on the matter as it is not for me to discuss (being a complete outsider to the issues).

It is in my opinion a fallacy that RF is a splinter group from the RST - the majority of people involved were not part of any RST projects in the past.

However, I think RF as an organisation has always been on point in maintaining the point that anyone going for a collective shareholding is positive (RF, BR and VB's schemes often mentioned).

At the end of the day, it is Rangers and the support that is the important things. All these vehicles are a means to an end - to make Rangers better

I would rather stay out of that stuff. I have heard both sides of the reasonings for leaving the RST and I don't have anything to say on the matter as it is not for me to discuss (being a complete outsider to the issues).

It is in my opinion a fallacy that RF is a splinter group from the RST - the majority of people involved were not part of any RST projects in the past.

H

I would be surprised if there was blame on only one side and I too have no interest in the 'he said, she said' side of it.

Nice political answer, by the way. ;)

And while our fans share purchase vehicles try to sign up as many supporters to small contributions and have got around £45K worth in a couple of weeks, a dogs shelter in Manchester that went on fire killing over 60 dogs has received over £250K in 12 hours in donations.

Our club is dying on its arse, has hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of fans worldwide, and has set a 2-week target of just £85K that it is not quite going to reach. One fire at one dog shelter that nobody even knew about two days ago, has blown us out the water without even asking for donations.

Makes me wonder in amazement at just what it will take to get Bears involved?

The dog fire is an awful tragedy, and for all those dogs to be destroyed in it is truly heartbreaking, so please dont think I am being heartless about that terrible situation, merely drawing a comparison about how quickly money can be raised when the public support the cause and its gets the right profile.

And while our fans share purchase vehicles try to sign up as many supporters to small contributions and have got around £45K worth in a couple of weeks, a dogs shelter in Manchester that went on fire killing over 60 dogs has received over £250K in 12 hours in donations.

Our club is dying on its arse, has hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of fans worldwide, and has set a 2-week target of just £85K that it is not quite going to reach. One fire at one dog shelter that nobody even knew about two days ago, has blown us out the water without even asking for donations.

Makes me wonder in amazement at just what it will take to get Bears involved?

The dog fire is an awful tragedy, and for all those dogs to be destroyed in it is truly heartbreaking, so please dont think I am being heartless about that terrible situation, merely drawing a comparison about how quickly money can be raised when the public support the cause and its gets the right profile.

In a fairly short time, the RST's SaveRangers initiative was pledged around £13m when things were looking desperate a few years ago, so in particular circumstances the Rangers support is prepared to step up, but, bizarrely, the utterly pointless RFFF was backed instead and a golden opportunity was lost.

I signed up to Buy Rangers last night, so with BR and RF I now have a foot in both camps. Not only do I feel great that I'm helping both of these vehicles that aim to benefit our club, I can now say to friends, hand on heart, look at them both, if you can back them both great but at least back one. It's a team game on the park and God knows we need a team effort off it too. Tannochsidebear makes a great point, regardless of the subject involved, all of us have seen stuff go viral worldwide and attract money to a good cause. We can't do that within the Rangers Family? I think we can.