Here's a story to scare you: "I don't see why me and Boydy couldn't work," said Daly.

From http://sport.stv.tv/football/293798-...th-kris-boyd/? (who have an odd use of the term "new signings")

----------------------------------

Ranger's striker Jon Daly has called for Ally McCoist to stick him upfront with this season's top goalscorer Kris Boyd.

Speaking ahead of the Rangers' Scottish Championship clash with Hibs on Monday night, Daly spoke of his admiration for the former Kilmarnock striker and how well he's done this season.

"I'd like to think I could play with most strikers. I don't see why me and Boydy couldn't work," said Daly.

"It might take a game or two to get used to each other's game but I think we would link up quite well."

"Boydy's record speaks for itself. If he wasn't getting chances, that's when you would start to worry."

Although Boyd has already scored five goals for the Ibrox side this season, he has yet to score in the league in six appearances.

"As a striker, you always want to be scoring goals but he's getting chances and once one goes in, I'm sure he will get a bucket load." he added.

"He's a fantastic finisher and he will kick on once he gets that first (league) goal."

Daly has been out of action for Rangers for the past six weeks with a knee injury, which ruled him out of any pre-season training at the club.

Aside from Boyd, the towering striker also faces stiff competition from new signings Nicky Clark and Dean Shiels. Yet the former Dundee United striker isn't too worried about getting enough game time at Ibrox this season.

"There has been some new strikes brought into the club and so it's obviously a challenge for me to try to get back into the team.

"Pre-season would have been the ideal time to make my mark but unfortunately I got injured and now I'm playing catch-up." Said Daly.

"But it is a long season and I'm a different type of striker to the rest of the boys so the manager now has a few options.

"He also has Kenny, Nicky and Deano, so he is a bit spoiled for options."

A Boyd & Daly striking partnership? No thanks.

We saw it in the second half at Alloa where we dropped points last week.

2 big snails with 10 yard turning circles is not an ideal striking partnership.

This is a Rangers forum. Footballing matters?? Behave yourself please.

You are interrupting our attempts to divide our fan-base irrevocably.

Cease and desist right now!!

Now enter your response to the prompt below or you are not a proper Rangers fan -

I now hate.........................................

This is a Rangers forum. Footballing matters?? Behave yourself please.

You are interrupting our attempts to divide our fan-base irrevocably.

Cease and desist right now!!

Now enter your response to the prompt below or you are not a proper Rangers fan -

I now hate.........................................

Let me guess..................Bell's, Smirnoff or Gordons.:D

On a more serious note :)...

Give it a try I say, Boyd and Daly up front with the right service, would demolish most if they find their shooting boots.

Yes lets play Boyd and Daly up front in attack. Miller on the wing. His pace down the wing and then crosses, we'll win every game 5-0.

Warning, sarcasm.

Our problem does not exactly lie with a Daly & Boyd partnership, but the service to them into the box. Aird and Templeton run hot & cold on either wing, Peralta is hardly used these days. Given them all being rather ineffective, you dread the day when Smith and Foster take up the winger lots.

In any case, our team should be able to play a dynamic system, not least at home and against "weaker" opponents. I know that some people are utterly opposed to a 3-at-the-back line-up, but once we have the ball we usually play 2 at the back anyway, while the fullbacks venture up field. Why not give one of them that leeway amyway? It would mean that you need to have two "CH" who are quick/aware and adaptable enough, plus one "destroyer". The midfielders ahead of them have to do their defensive homework too, of course.

Bell (et al)

McGregor - Mohsni - Zaliukas

Black

Templeton - Law - Shiels - Wallace/Clark

Daly/Clark - Boyd/Miller

... might be such a line-up, with Mohsni playing just ahead of the two CHs, letting Black go further forward still. The wingers would essentially be wingbacks, with Black and Law doing the odd covering job as well. try that at home against Cowdenbeath, Alloa or Livingston and see how it works. If it doesn't, Wallace can drop back and you'd have the normal 4-4-2 with Shiels playing inside left or being replaced with Aird or Smith.

Our problem does not exactly lie with a Daly & Boyd partnership, but the service to them into the box. Aird and Templeton run hot & cold on either wing, Peralta is hardly used these days. Given them all being rather ineffective, you dread the day when Smith and Foster take up the winger lots.

In any case, our team should be able to play a dynamic system, not least at home and against "weaker" opponents. I know that some people are utterly opposed to a 3-at-the-back line-up, but once we have the ball we usually play 2 at the back anyway, while the fullbacks venture up field. Why not give one of them that leeway amyway? It would mean that you need to have two "CH" who are quick/aware and adaptable enough, plus one "destroyer". The midfielders ahead of them have to do their defensive homework too, of course.

Bell (et al)

McGregor - Mohsni - Zaliukas

Black

Templeton - Law - Shiels - Wallace/Clark

Daly/Clark - Boyd/Miller

... might be such a line-up, with Mohsni playing just ahead of the two CHs, letting Black go further forward still. The wingers would essentially be wingbacks, with Black and Law doing the odd covering job as well. try that at home against Cowdenbeath, Alloa or Livingston and see how it works. If it doesn't, Wallace can drop back and you'd have the normal 4-4-2 with Shiels playing inside left or being replaced with Aird or Smith.

if you play wing backs they have to be able to do that job. Wallace, yes, templeton no way. A 4 3 3 would suit us better. When you have possesion you have the opportunity to overload the opposition with the full backs pushed up, whilst reverting to more conventional set up when they have the ball. No mcleod in your team?