If there is little appetite for it amongst the Rangers support, it will be almost non-existent in Warwickshire and Hampshire.

This is a fight solely for Rangers fans to take on, and so far, there are far too many who are showing that they have no stomach for it. Placard waving, press statements and rousing speeches have all been shown to be ineffective and that is because this will all come down to cold, hard cash.

I don't think you appreciate the underlying feeling within much of the demographic that may buy footballing merchandise.

The language understood comes down to pounds and pence. When you have someone like Ashely/SD, if you want to organise a boycott that might actually hurt him, you have to use your imagination and creativity when looking towards a wider boycott that incorporates more people. Part of the Rangers support won't metaphorically hurt him.

There is currently a general mood that could be tapped into using social media, but it would take calculated organisation with the first port of call being the Newcastle support.

Nor is there a need to restrict it to 'one particular angle'.

I don't think you appreciate the underlying feeling within much of the demographic that may buy footballing merchandise

The language understood comes down to pounds and pence. When you have someone like Ashely/SD, if you want to organise a boycott that might actually hurt him, you have to use your imagination and creativity when looking towards a wider boycott that incorporates more people. Part of the Rangers support won't metaphorically hurt him.

There is currently a general mood that could be tapped into using social media, but it would take calculated organisation with the first port of call being the Newcastle support.

Nor is there a need to restrict it to 'one particular angle'.

You are spot on. Do you have a link to this study?

You are spot on. Do you have a link to this study?

I don't need a "study" to realise that this is the case.

There is hardly any great leap of faith required to join these particular dots if you observe keenly.

If you don't, trust me.

I don't need a "study" to realise that this is the case.

There is hardly any great leap of faith required to join these particular dots if you observe keenly.

If you don't, trust me.

I can understand the motivation for Newcastle and Rangers fans, but what does it have to do with Coventry, Portsmouth or Hearts? Do they have any connection to Ashley or Sports Direct?

You may not need a study to know what is going on, but blithely saying "just trust me" will not be seen as a very compelling argument to get groups of people outboard who have their own unique problems to deal with at their respective clubs.

I can understand the motivation for Newcastle and Rangers fans, but what does it have to do with Coventry, Portsmouth or Hearts? Do they have any connection to Ashley or Sports Direct?

You may not need a study to know what is going on, but blithely saying "just trust me" will not be seen as a very compelling argument to get groups of people outboard who have their own unique problems to deal with at their respective clubs.

I wouldn't expect any groups of people "onboard" with what I wrote after 30 seconds thought.

It was more a simple starting point to start thinking outwith our own situation given the "nature of the beast". Thereafter you would need to develop any thoughts and see what merits they might have or where it may lead.

I wouldn't expect any groups of people "onboard" with what I wrote after 30 seconds thought.

It was more a simple starting point to start thinking outwith our own situation given the "nature of the beast".

Thereafter you would need to develop any thoughts and see what merits they might have or where it may lead.

The "trust me" was more to do with the general trends I referred to.

It was more a simple starting point to start thinking outwith our own situation given the "nature of the beast".

Thereafter you would need to develop any thoughts and see what merits they might have or where it may lead.

The "trust me" was more to do with the general trends I referred to.

I would suggest that Hearts especially, other than perhaps a handful of AMF activists, would be loathe to support anything which could help ease the turbulence which surrounds the club, as that would also impact on their chances of topping the league.

I respectfully suggest that you seek out an alternative starting point.

I would suggest that Hearts especially, other than perhaps a handful of AMF activists, would be loathe to support anything which could help ease the turbulence which surrounds the club, as that would also impact on their chances of topping the league.

I respectfully suggest that you seek out an alternative starting point.

If you understand the motivation for the tie in to Newcastle (as per your post above No.75) why do suggest a different starting point ?

If you understand the motivation for the tie in to Newcastle (as per your post above No.75) why do suggest a different starting point ?

I was mainly referring to the other teams you originally named. If it is a protest against Ashley and Sports Direct, then it will only be those teams who are directly affected who will take much notice.

Good luck.