Don't you mean from the Whyte experience? Green was merely a repeat performance, albeit by a more flamboyant actor.

Whyte arrived with the suggestion he was from a Rangers family - whereas Green came in in from the cold with no connection whatsoever to the club. I wouldnt class that as a repeat performance.

Aye, but when a lie is repeated often enough it is regarded as fact, isn't that what we are always being told? When it is promulgated by someone who is largely well regarded by the online Rangers community it carries a lot more clout.

Back in 'Cold War', the Russian Politburo would feed their citizens a lot of propaganda.

However, it wasn't effective because the people knew it was mainly bullshit, although there was little they could do about it.

Today, in the UK and other such 'democracies', the citizens are fed a great deal of subtle and effective propaganda. Effective because a great deal of people lap it up and have grown to trust the outlets.

Back in 'Cold War', the Russian Politburo would feed their citizens a lot of propaganda.

However, it wasn't effective because the people knew it was mainly bullshit, although there was little they could do about it.

Today, in the UK and other such 'democracies', the citizens are fed a great deal of subtle and effective propaganda. Effective because a great deal of people lap it up and have grown to trust the outlets.

Are you suggesting I am deliberately lying to feed propaganda to the Rangers support ?

Whyte arrived with the suggestion he was from a Rangers family - whereas Green came in in from the cold with no connection whatsoever to the club. I wouldnt class that as a repeat performance.

I don't think the "suggestion" carried enough weight or evidence to be termed as significant.

For anyone who cared to dig, it was clear what kind of financial MO that CW brought to his projects.

And even if one didn't dig, come the document he was forced to publish (by IBCommittee) and present to shareholders in June 2011 his MO was spelt out clearly in the English language.

Edited by buster.

Well, of course you wouldn't. :whistle:

This 'suggestion' you speak of was shown to be fucking nonsense from even before he finalised the deal. Nobody knew him from games, nobody had ever been in his hospitality box, none of the big hitters had encountered him on European trips or at the various fund-raising dinners.

None of that, however, stopped you and many others attacking anyone who cast doubts about him.

Well, of course you wouldn't. :whistle:

This 'suggestion' you speak of was shown to be fucking nonsense from even before he finalised the deal. Nobody knew him from games, nobody had ever been in his hospitality box, none of the big hitters had encountered him on European trips or at the various fund-raising dinners.

None of that, however, stopped you and many others attacking anyone who cast doubts about him.

I "attacked" people who cast doubt on him ?

Where and when was this ?

Are you suggesting I am deliberately lying to feed propaganda to the Rangers support ?

I'm suggesting that supporters should take due care when interpretating any post, article, blog, media report to do with our ongoing soap opera.

And rather than immediately dismissing the 'usual suspects' who X may have grown to dislike/not trust,....they might also like to be critically & anayltical of those who they have grown to trust or like the style etc.

Our soap opera has been so full of misleading spin that it will probably used as a 'case study' one day.

The spin itself has all sorts of categories, from the carefully planned and devious to the more innocent and unthinking.

I have done a fair bit of study and observation regards the use of spin in todays society and find it both interesting and worrying.

I'm suggesting that supporters should take due care when interpretating any post, article, blog, media report to do with our ongoing soap opera.

And rather than immediately dismissing the 'usual suspects' who X may have grown to dislike/not trust,....they might also like to be critically & anayltical of those who they have grown to trust or like the style etc.

Our soap opera has been so full of misleading spin that it will probably used as a 'case study' one day.

The spin itself has all sorts of categories, from the carefully planned and devious to the more innocent and unthinking.

I have done a fair bit of study and observation regards the use of spin in todays society and find it both interesting and worrying.

I'll ask you again in view of the fact you have failed to answer the question which I asked you...

I "attacked" people who cast doubt on him ?

Where and when was this ?

Oh, to clarify, with the pen, not the sword. :)

You did it on Rangersmedia, while you most certainly didn't need to on VB. I can't comment on FF or Gersnet as I wasn't a member of either at the time, but as you are well known across the various forums, it would be strange if your message changed from one to another.

Michael Gannon: Mike Ashley is a football gambler and Rangers are just his latest big punt.

AS Rangers fans pray for a saviour MICHAEL says the only way to save the Ibrox outfit is for someone with the club's interests at heart to buy it back - and that is not Mike Ashley.

IT says it all that about the last two years that some Rangers fans might look at the Mike Ashley -shaped shadow creeping over Ibrox and think it might not be such a bad thing.

Hey, he’s an actual billionaire. Not just a bug-eyed kiddie-on one.

Big Mike got a Newcastle. Not a crumbling Highland castle.

He runs Sports Direct, he doesn’t buy his gear there. Surely such a successful guy must be good news?

The club has seen enough charlatans and snake oil salesmen, maybe Ashley is the man who can actually deliver rather than dither.

Yeah, Newcastle fans hate him but Geordies go shirtless to games in the winter and make Doric-speaking Dons fans sound coherent.

At least Newcastle are solvent and can survive past Christmas without hitting Wonga for the money to buy half a dozen Euromillions tickets.

Yeah, Ashley might not be so bad after all.

Think again.

Ashley is the last thing Rangers need. This is not a man who generally does anything for the good of anyone or anything apart from himself. Nice guys don’t tend to become billionaires.

A “locust” was how a rival sports company chief exec described him. Seconds before Ashley gobbled him and his company up and spat them out. That’s what he does.

It’s tempting to imagine Ashley sitting in his big Dr Evil chair, plotting ways to get round the SFA rulebook and increase his stake in Rangers. Endless hours working out how to restore this ailing giant.

But it would be wrong. He barely spends his tea break concerning himself with Newcastle.

When it comes to Rangers, he might as well be sticking ten bob in a pub fruit machine. Ashley is a professional gambler and the Ibrox club are just his latest punt.

Football fans see their club as an iconic part of their heritage.

Ashley sees a number on a roulette table and tosses in a few chips.

Gers fans might think at least Ashley is a face rather than an Inc, Ltd or Holding. He’s someone who would be accountable.

Forget it. Ashley is a one-man hedge fund. Just this week he stumped up £33m to nab a seven per cent share of Debenhams. He did the same in January, buying up £50m in shares and then selling up days later for a profit of £5m.

Not so long ago he did a £43m deal with Tesco. A supermarket with a plunging share price and suffering huge losses. He’s hoping they have hit rock bottom and the only way is up. Sound familiar?

It doesn’t always work. He lost £300m when Halifax Bank of Scotland went down the U-bend in 2008.

Ach well. Change down the back of the couch when you are worth an estimated £3.3bn.

Newcastle are just another side bet. A handy money pipeline for his sports company and although he says he’s not selling, you can bet the moment a shifty sheikh or Boris the bored billionaire fancies a football team, Ashley will wrap up the Magpies in a big bow.

He is simply out to bag a quick buck out of Rangers.

Ashley is coining it in through his retail deal with Rangers and don’t bet against him hitting the big blue naming rights button that he picked up for a pound as soon as the club are back in the top flight.

He could have sunk in money at last month’s share issue and it would have gone to the club .

Instead he waited and bought out Hargreave Hale . It strengthened his position and rubbed the board’s face in it after they refused to cave in to strict demands in return for a loan.

Rangers fans are praying for a saviour – but it’s not Ashley.

It doesn’t matter if it’s him, Laxley, Blue Pitch, Margarita or any of the hedge fund hogs, nothing changes.

The only way to reclaim Rangers’ soul is for a Dave King or whoever has cash and the club’s interests at heart to bite the bullet and buy it back.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-gannon-mike-ashley-football-4379898