SPFL back Rangers' postponement plea......

Can only assume this is an ongoing political/SPFL rule stance by the club. For example, if we get promoted and ask for a game to be cancelled next year it may be refused if we hadn't stuck to the letter of the law in recent seasons for similar international weekends.

Seems petty at first glance but there must be a good reason for it.

That all seems like thinking to the future!,planning ahead!,doesn't sound like anything our club is capable of!.

'Must' be a good reason for it?

I'm not so sure.

Look at it this way:

Now: Game called off v Cowdenbeath due to Shiels, Zaliukas and Mohsni missing - looks daft.

2015/16: Game called off v SPFL opposition due to Macleod, Wallace, Bell and Boyd missing - looks understandable

If we don't follow the rules for this game (and recent others) then we leave any future request for a cancellation viable for rejection.

This is the only valid reason I can see for recent postponements.

Can only assume this is an ongoing political/SPFL rule stance by the club. For example, if we get promoted and ask for a game to be cancelled next year it may be refused if we hadn't stuck to the letter of the law in recent seasons for similar international weekends.

Seems petty at first glance but there must be a good reason for it.

Yes there is a good reason. Ally and his "lads" find the basic (though not really that regular) 6 hours a week training too onerous. They'll have booked wee holidays, motel assignations and all kinds of fun for this "break" and they will not even contemplate the benefits of giving those up to play for League points . They have already made it clear how insignificant they think those are.

We listed an on-loan player who is in the Candian squad in our desperation to get this game postponed, A player who is currently at Airdrie. Lies and deception for the easy life and/or personal profit - it has become "The Rangers Way".

This is an utter disgrace, like the golfing "fun" and overnight hotels paid by 'the club' (= us, the fans) even in the lower leagues (and yes I know the Wigs steal MORE, but why should the players and management steal ANY when facing part time postmen etc?)

We are the anti-Rangers. We are anti everything that I grew up with as meaning Rangers. Scottish, Protestant working class ethic with pride in our achievements and "Aye Ready", my aged & hairy behind. We are a disgrace - top to (hairy or otherwise) bottom. We stink.

A very sad bear, wondering why he still even cares.

Edited by SteveC

Yes there is a good reason. Ally and his "lads" find the basic (though not really that regular) 6 hours a week training too onerous. They'll have booked wee holidays, motel assignations and all kinds of fun for this "break" and they will not even contemplate the benefits of giving those up to play for League points . They have already made it clear how insignificant they think those are.

We listed an on-loan player who is in the Candian squad in out desperation to get this game postponed, A player who is currently at Airdrie. Lies and deception for the easy life and/or personal profit - it has become "The Rangers Way".

This is an utter disgrace, like the golfing "fun" and overnight hotels paid by 'the club' (= us, the fans) even in the lower leagues (and yes I know the Wigs steal MORE, but why should the players and management steal ANY when facing part time postmen etc?)

We are the anti-Rangers. We are anti everything that I grew up with as meaning Rangers. Scottish, Protestant working class ethic with pride in our achievements and "Aye Ready", my aged & hairy behind. We are a disgrace - top to (hairy or otherwise) bottom. We stink.

A very sad bear, wondering why he still even cares.

I'm not excusing the decision - I'm just attempting to rationalise it.

On its own it looks daft but examine the issue in general then you can perhaps see why the club/manager prefers to postpone.

Look at it this way:

Now: Game called off v Cowdenbeath due to Shiels, Zaliukas and Mohsni missing - looks daft.

2015/16: Game called off v SPFL opposition due to Macleod, Wallace, Bell and Boyd missing - looks understandable

If we don't follow the rules for this game (and recent others) then we leave any future request for a cancellation viable for rejection.

This is the only valid reason I can see for recent postponements.

We will be entitled to apply for cancelling the match regardless of what we do now.

Scottish Professional Football League rule G7

Postponement and International Selection

A Club shall be entitled to apply to the Board for the postponement of any Official

Match where three or more of its Players who would otherwise have participated

in such match are unavailable through international selection and, following receipt

of such an application, the Board may postpone and rearrange the relevant Official

Match in accordance with Rule G3.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

It would appear as the effected club must make an application to the SPFL on a game by game basis.

ie. No application = No postponment

Regards the Cowdenbeath 'plea', the dates below suggests it was always going to fail.

29th September: Cowdenbeath game cancelled

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7756-cowden-trip-on-hold

02nd October: Moshni Suspension accepted.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7780-mohsni-suspension-accepted

Edited by buster.

We will be entitled to apply for cancelling the match regardless of what we do now.

Of course but if we've decided not to apply previously then that may go against us in the future.

This is a political decision - a frustrating one but, IMHO, an understandable one.

I'm not excusing the decision - I'm just attempting to rationalise it.

On its own it looks daft but examine the issue in general then you can perhaps see why the club/manager prefers to postpone.

Sorry mate - but I cannot see at all why the club would want to postpone - other than our manager not having the balls to play the game.

There is no reason for postponement against a f.ucking pub team. Embarassing by McCoist - and another reason why he is not fit to be in the job.