With today's LSE notice by Mike Ashley that he intends removing directors from the board which seems to be in obvious conflict with those who'd like to see a further new share issue to enable a Dave King led consortium to invest directly into the club, off-the-field matters have again taken prime focus with an international break ahead.

Ahead of any possible general meeting, Gersnet would like the gauge the opinions of our site visitors. Are you in favour of a possible take-over by Dave King? Would you prefer the controversial style of Mike Ashley? Should we bring back Charles Green or Sir David Murray? Which current directors would you remove?

Vote now!

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/latest-news/281-the-battle-for-rangers-you-decide

Ashley runs a club atm where mediocrity is the norm, he will fit right in here.

If it was upto me, i would remove every single one of the board, every director, buyout every major shareholder and bin the entire football set up too. This is what our club needs, a complete clear out from the very top to the very bottom. I don't believe anyone deserves to stay at the club bar a handful of players.

Even if you are not enamoured with DK, I think he represents the best viable option at present, to try and break the spi.v stanglehold on executive control in the boardroom.

I don't think it possible to leap to the 'ideal place', it would be a series of steps.

Priority is to restore Rangers as a football club, not a Corporate Vehicle to extract cash.

If Ashley could guarantee mediocrity as opposed to the current lunacy, I might have voted for him.

I think you'd find that "mediocrity", low relative quality and increasing his own margin is the Ashely 'bag'.

It's all over his 'CV'.

I think you'd find that "mediocrity", low relative quality and increasing his own margin is the Ashely 'bag'.

It's all over his 'CV'.

I believe that you have a higher opinion of Ashley than Scott7 does, and myself for that matter.

I believe that you have a higher opinion of Ashley than Scott7 does, and myself for that matter.

I wouldn't bet on it and neither do I want him or his SD at Ibrox.

SD already have 'onerous contracts' in their favour which may prove to be lead weights going forward.

If he controlled the club, he'd swallow up what he doesn't already have.